+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enter Canada with CORP taking a Greyhound BUS

Hayhi87

Sep 29, 2017
Update: I missed my greyhound bus at Detroit and decided to try to catch it at windsor by taking a lyft.

So I couldn't try the bus option but I'm pretty sure it would have worked because of the TRV.

The lyft ride was $13 and took me from the greyhound station in detroit to the greyhound station in windsor. The officer took my corp and passport asked me where did I land and then let us (the driver who was american and I) through.

Took about 45 seconds.

So anyone wondering if taking an uber/lyft only with CORP is fine, I confirm is a good option. It's cheap (if you are just looking to cross the border), fast and convenient.

R

rish888

Update: I missed my greyhound bus at Detroit and decided to try to catch it at windsor by taking a lyft.

So I couldn't try the bus option but I'm pretty sure it would have worked because of the TRV.

The lyft ride was $13 and took me from the greyhound station in detroit to the greyhound station in windsor. The officer took my corp and passport asked me where did I land and then let us (the driver who was american and I) through.

Took about 45 seconds.

So anyone wondering if taking an uber/lyft only with CORP is fine, I confirm is a good option. It's cheap (if you are just looking to cross the border), fast and convenient.
Glad it worked out. The lyft guy just happened to have his passport on him?

Hayhi87

Sep 29, 2017
Glad it worked out. The lyft guy just happened to have his passport on him?
Any lift driver who wanted to take the ride, would have seen that the destination was in Canada. I was hoping anyone who took it would have a passport or enhanced drivera lic. I asked anyways at the moment of boarding the lyft if she had an enhanced drivers lic or passport and she indeed had an enhanced drivers lic. The officer barely looked at her license, It was crazy... I would think he would ask her more questions.

Reactions: scylla
R

rish888

Any lift driver who wanted to take the ride, would have seen that the destination was in Canada. I was hoping anyone who took it would have a passport or enhanced drivera lic. I asked anyways at the moment of boarding the lyft if she had an enhanced drivers lic or passport and she indeed had an enhanced drivers lic. The officer barely looked at her license, It was crazy... I would think he would ask her more questions.
Did you face any questions from the officer like if your had a PR card etc?

Hayhi87

Sep 29, 2017
Did you face any questions from the officer like if your had a PR card etc?
The driver did not get any question asked other than what was the purpose of her trip to which she answered she was Lyft driver and was taking me to the greyhound station. Then he asked me where did I land. After that, he just asked the usual questions about 10,000 dollars or more, gifts or weapons, tobacco or alcohol and let us go. No PR card questions or anything else. It was the speediest border crossing I have ever had.

NewyorkerinNJ

Dec 15, 2017
Hi all, I just got hold of my PR approval, passport and COPR. I am currently in the US and I am planning to land in Canada and catch a flight next day to India for a vacation. Could someone please help me clear my doubts on below?
  • Someone in the thread was talking about immigration officers crossing the Canada PR Visa in passport after initial landing. This should not create any issues while boarding the flight to India right?
  • Can I drive a rental from my place in the US to buffalo and take a greyhound ,complete the landing procedure and then board the same grey hound to Toronto? I was reading that landing procedure takes time but not sure how long. Has anyone tried that option?
Thanks in advance.