+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry Regarding City of Destination

ruby gupta

Dec 9, 2013
I have received immigration visa for CANADA and Confirmation of Permanent Residence(CPR) letter for me and my family.
City of destination mentioned in the CPR is TORONTO.

I want to know if i can land directly (for the first time) and live in any other state or city in CANADA other than TORONTO.

I will be highly obliged.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can. Once you have your PR you are free to move anywhere you like. If you apply via PNP, then they want you to stay in their province, but once you have PR you are still free to move.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol...no one has any supporting document...but its upto you to take the advise.

May I know why is Toronto written on your COPR? Did you apply via PNP or some other stream?

ruby gupta

Dec 9, 2013
when i filled the immigration documents, i choose TORONTO as city of destination.
But now i want to move to Vancouver.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that explains it. Unless you are a provincial nominee - there is no restriction for you to stay in any particular province. Also city does not matter at all.

According to Immigration law, a Permanent resident is free to live and work anywhere in Canada. If you are not a provincial nominee applicant, you can land in toronto and then move anywhere you like. I guess you can even land directly in Vancouver.

The only exception to this is if you are a provincial nominee applicant - where it is kind of a moral obligation for you to stay in that particular province or atleast attempt to settle there (again City does not matter)

ruby gupta

Dec 9, 2013
Once I land in Toronto... i have taken 12 hours stay is that enough?
Actually I m afraid if any thing happens at the time of immigration.....? plz understand and guide...

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you a provincial nominee?
Like I said if not, then just say that you will be in Toronto temporarily and then moving to Vancouver.

sunilwadhwa19

Star Member
Jul 5, 2017
Hello everyone.. received my CPR yesterday.. city of destination is Ottawa.. i don't know how it came? i wanted to go to Toronto first. Does it mean i have to land in Ottawa first ? appreciate your advise. Thanks.