+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry on Passport Renewal

darkserger

Oct 7, 2018
Hi all,

I am facing this situation that my current passport will be expired on late Jan 2020, while my landing plan is around mid-to-late Nov 2019 (like just right before the expiry date of my Medical Examination).

Unfortunately, I dont have the chance to travel sooner, in the event that I receive a positive result for my EE application (my Biometric Scan was submited on late Jan, and Estimated completion date is now around mid June 2019). I have tried to raise enquiry via Webforms a number of times, but the answer from officers are usually very vague and unhelpful.

So what should I do now? Do I need to renew my passport? If so, where to submit the new passport (with a letter of explanation as well perhaps?)?

I am looking forwards to a thorough answer to my question. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I highly recommend that you renew your passport as soon as possible and once new passport is on hand, raise a CSE informing them of the changes so that IRCC can update your records.

This way you ensure you have many years of validity on your primary travel document as well as updated records on IRCC end so when time comes for CoPR they will ask for the new one.

Reactions: darkserger

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all,

I am facing this situation that my current passport will be expired on late Jan 2020, while my landing plan is around mid-to-late Nov 2019 (like just right before the expiry date of my Medical Examination).

Unfortunately, I dont have the chance to travel sooner, in the event that I receive a positive result for my EE application (my Biometric Scan was submited on late Jan, and Estimated completion date is now around mid June 2019). I have tried to raise enquiry via Webforms a number of times, but the answer from officers are usually very vague and unhelpful.

So what should I do now? Do I need to renew my passport? If so, where to submit the new passport (with a letter of explanation as well perhaps?)?

I am looking forwards to a thorough answer to my question. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
You can renew now and raise a CSE with new passport information or renew after COPR and travel with both passports. There's nothing to worry about.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all,

Thanks
Like others have suggested, renew passport, and provide new passport info. Not an issue.
Do keep your old passport safe. You may be required to provide it after PPR.