+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry about PGWP and Visa

Loooking

Dec 17, 2014
I had applied to Confederation College for a Pg diploma program of 2 years, which includes 4 months of internship.
I got selected and got my letter of acceptance.
But the program starts on "sept 2015" and ends "1may2017" which is 20 months.
will i get PGWP for 3 years? :-[

What about Visa i had completed my Btech (4 year course) will i get study permit as the diploma sounds great and i had 2nd division in btech and backlogs too????? :-[

a help would be a relief

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loooking said:
I had applied to Confederation College for a Pg diploma program of 2 years, which includes 4 months of internship.
I got selected and got my letter of acceptance.
But the program starts on "sept 2015" and ends "1may2017" which is 20 months.
will i get PGWP for 3 years? :-[

What about Visa i had completed my Btech (4 year course) will i get study permit as the diploma sounds great and i had 2nd division in btech and backlogs too????? :-[

a help would be a relief
Hello Looking,

For your first question, if your PG Diploma is less than two years (in your case it is), but more than eight months you may get a PGWP for a period not longer than the length of your PG Diploma (as an example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months).

As for your second question, there is no guarantee that you will get a study permit. I suggest you make sure that you provide the appropriate documents that your visa office requested for.

Cheers!

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
jubear said:
Hello Looking,

For your first question, if your PG Diploma is less than two years (in your case it is), but more than eight months you may get a PGWP for a period not longer than the length of your PG Diploma (as an example, if you studied for nine months, a work permit may be issued for a period of nine months).

As for your second question, there is no guarantee that you will get a study permit. I suggest you make sure that you provide the appropriate documents that your visa office requested for.

Cheers!
Sorry to disagree with u jubear,ur facts are incorrect.

8months to 1yr course - 1yr PGWP
2yr to 3yr course - 3yr PGWP.

As long as ur course states that ur enrolled for 2 academic yrs , u will get ur 3yr PGWP. If u can submit a good SOP,ur backlogs and ur grades will not be a big issue and also make sure to submit good proofs fr ur funds,these will help with ur SP approval.

In my case I studied only 1year inclass on a 3yr course but got a 3yr PGWP (Received 1yr credits,did 1yr co-op, studied 1yr inclass)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dennia said:
Sorry to disagree with u jubear,ur facts are incorrect.

8months to 1yr course - 1yr PGWP
2yr to 3yr course - 3yr PGWP.

As long as ur course states that ur enrolled for 2 academic yrs , u will get ur 3yr PGWP. If u can submit a good SOP,ur backlogs and ur grades will not be a big issue and also make sure to submit good proofs fr ur funds,these will help with ur SP approval.

In my case I studied only 1year inclass on a 3yr course but got a 3yr PGWP (Received 1yr credits,did 1yr co-op, studied 1yr inclass)
If the college clearly states its a 2 year degree then, yes the applicant will get a 3 year PGWP. If doesn't say so, but rather 1 year & 8 months (20 months) like Looking had explained in his/her example, then no.

So its down to the college/university to be clear on that, otherwise CIC will interpret it just like here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

Cheers!

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
I don't think he included his 4months internship in his calculation. Which is actually 24months. An internship is also part of ur study term.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dennia said:
I don't think he included his 4months internship in his calculation. Which is actually 24months. An internship is also part of ur study term.
I'm sure he/she will figure it out.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dennia said:

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
jubear said:
Thts a given the student will obviously figure it out. I m just curious about whether confederation college is offering a course tht is 1yr and 8months ( if so ur statement is correct on PGWP).

I have never seen any college offering this kind of term,thts why I figured he should have missed out his 4months internship in his calculation (it's normally 8months and 1,2 or 3yrs)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dennia said:
Thts a given the student will obviously figure it out. I m just curious about whether confederation college is offering a course tht is 1yr and 8months ( if so ur statement is correct on PGWP).

I have never seen any college offering this kind of term,thts why I figured he should have missed out his 4months internship in his calculation (it's normally 8months and 1,2 or 3yrs)
I know, hence why I said he will figure it out. 20 months is the info he/she provided. If he/she made a mistake then again he/she will figure it out. 8 months, 1, 2, or 3yrs of study is a given.

He/she got his answer. PGWP for 3yrs.

Loooking

Dec 17, 2014
thank you so so much all of u seriously.

Yeah my Letter of Acceptance says its a 2 year program.

Now i will write the best sop.

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loooking said:
thank you so so much all of u seriously.

Yeah my Letter of Acceptance says its a 2 year program.

Now i will write the best sop.
All the best.

Cheers!

dejavu90

Apr 29, 2015
INDIA
Visa Office......
VFS Banglore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
File Transfer...
08-07-2015
Med's Done....
06-06-2015
Dude i have a strong feeling you are also going to confederation college for the same course i chose,Is it pgdip in Engineering business and safety management?
well anyways the course duration according to our spp college is 2 years,so dont worry we can stay and work there for another 3 years more after the course.

Loooking

Dec 17, 2014
dejavu..omg seriously..
Am going for the same course too lol..
here mail me dejavu
ankit.loooking@gmail.com