+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiries about leaving Quebec after Landing

bentagon

Jun 21, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have received my Visa under CSQ and I will land in Montreal in 10-Aug-15. But I have some questions since I have found a good job in Toronto and I don't know what should I do:
1. After landing in Quebec, Can I move to Ontario after staying one month in Montreal? Or how long do I have to wait before doing that?
2. What should I do with medicare if I leave Quebec to Ontario? Should I register with RAMQ or I should wait until reach Ontario?
3. Ontario will deal me as a newcomer or I will loss this opportunity (Newcomer facilities)?
4. Can I use your address in landing port and RAMQ?

I read a lot about that, some opinions said that it should not be a problem. Once you land you can move anywhere you want in Canada.

Please advise me

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. A job offer is a valid reason to move.

2. There is no point registering with RAMQ if you sure you will be moving: there is a three month waiting period, and you must be resident in Qc to qualify.

3. https://www.ontario.ca/home-and-community/newcomers

4. ??!

KbGold

Star Member
Jun 13, 2008
Lammawitch said:
1. A job offer is a valid reason to move.

2. There is no point registering with RAMQ if you sure you will be moving: there is a three month waiting period, and you must be resident in Qc to qualify.

3. https://www.ontario.ca/home-and-community/newcomers

4. ??!
If someone moves from Quebec to other province afyer 3 months, will it affect getting Canadian nationality?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KbGold said:
If someone moves from Quebec to other province afyer 3 months, will it affect getting Canadian nationality?
It's all about intent. Once one has landed as a PR, one is free to live anywhere in Canada. I know of one case, in the business/investor category (Quebec) where PR was revoked (see Canlii.org) because it was clearly proven that the person in question never intended to reside/run business in Qc. See misrepresentation :).

IANAL!