+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English Proficiency

Abuzeyad

Apr 2, 2007
Hello,

I need your advice about english Proficiency assessment.

Let me give u a brief over view of my self-assessment
Factor 1: Education (I should have the maximum 25 points - MSc from Japan and 18 year full time study)
Factor 2: Language ability ( Only English ???? points) The point of discussion!!!!!!!!!
Factor 3:Work Experience (maximum 21 points - more than 5 years experience as a chemist NOC 2112 and 2121)
Factor 4: Age (maximum 10 points)
Factor 6: Adaptability [9 points = BSc wife (4)+ Canadian daughter(5)]
Total (Without English) 65 points . So I need at least 2 more points from English.

The point of discussion is "English points". FIRST, I don't want to take any tests. Second, I had 2 times TOEFL (590 and 610) + GRE general. I am a full time PhD student at UofT and of course I study and TA in English. Third, I have 2 scintific publications in Britich and American famous journals. Fourth, I have +5 years of working experience in English.

How many points I should claim?
I feel I deserve 16 (full points) but I need only 2 points. What do you think, should I ask for 8 points only (4X2) to avoid being asked for taking the test??

I need your opinion.

Thanks in advance

Ahmed

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
For english language only way is giving a test.
Ok if you donot want to give test ... leave it... waite for interview... give yourself appropriate points.
Now it depends on your IO, who assesses your file. I am sure he will give you more than 2 points.
Thanks
Cool

Abuzeyad

Apr 2, 2007
Is it sure that will be an interview??

softncool said:
For english language only way is giving a test.
Ok if you donot want to give test ... leave it... waite for interview... give yourself appropriate points.
Now it depends on your IO, who assesses your file. I am sure he will give you more than 2 points.
Thanks
Cool

manzar66

Nov 1, 2006
If there is no IELTS result attached then be assured that there will be an interview, there is hardly any question. IELTS does not guarantee for interview waiver but it improves the chances for the same.

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Abuzeyad said:
Hello,

I need your advice about english Proficiency assessment.

Let me give u a brief over view of my self-assessment
Factor 1: Education (I should have the maximum 25 points - MSc from Japan and 18 year full time study)
Factor 2: Language ability ( Only English ???? points) The point of discussion!!!!!!!!!
Factor 3:Work Experience (maximum 21 points - more than 5 years experience as a chemist NOC 2112 and 2121)
Factor 4: Age (maximum 10 points)
Factor 6: Adaptability [9 points = BSc wife (4)+ Canadian daughter(5)]
Total (Without English) 65 points . So I need at least 2 more points from English.

The point of discussion is "English points". FIRST, I don't want to take any tests. Second, I had 2 times TOEFL (590 and 610) + GRE general. I am a full time PhD student at UofT and of course I study and TA in English. Third, I have 2 scintific publications in Britich and American famous journals. Fourth, I have +5 years of working experience in English.

How many points I should claim?
I feel I deserve 16 (full points) but I need only 2 points. What do you think, should I ask for 8 points only (4X2) to avoid being asked for taking the test??

I need your opinion.

Thanks in advance

Ahmed
Hi Abuzeyad

If English is not your first language, there is a 99% probability that you will be asked for IELTS Examination score; unless you fully prove to CIC that you have an excellent English language performance

Good luck
Eduardo

Abuzeyad

Apr 2, 2007
Thanks for all of your replies,

But nobody answer my question regarding which choice is the best:

1-claim maximum points (16) and they can give me less but of course will be higher than 2 points that I need

or

2-claim less points (8), which are more than enough for my case, to avoid being asked for an interview or taking the exam?

Thank you again

Ahmed

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Abuzeyad said:
Thanks for all of your replies,

But nobody answer my question regarding which choice is the best:

1-claim maximum points (16) and they can give me less but of course will be higher than 2 points that I need

or

2-claim less points (8), which are more than enough for my case, to avoid being asked for an interview or taking the exam?

Thank you again

Ahmed
Dear colleague

Ok then, based on your original feedback you may want to claim for the maximum points, however you may be asked for IELTS anyway it is no matter if you want to take it or not, it depends of the CIC's officer criteria, since as far as I Know CIC does not accept TOEFL as English proficiency. So if they ask for test you will have not option

Just keep this in mind.

Regards
Eduardo

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
I think it doesnot matter what you claim. It is IO who assesses you, and he gives you point regardless of what you have claimed. That is why law asks for IELTS, so that there is no dispute.
Thanks
Cool