+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English Letter

CV User

Oct 27, 2008
Anyone of you submitted a letter stating that your English is good. Did that help if your scores were lower then expected?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A letter will not help you if your scores are low. If you take the test, your score determines your points. If you don't want to take the test, you can estimate your points and write a letter to explain why you feel you should get those points but they can require you to take the test anyway to prove it. If they ask you to take the test, the score from the test will then determine your points and not what you estimated.

CV User

Oct 27, 2008
Has anyone got a low score on IELTS and did not get enough points but still got the PR Card?

Anyone got a low score and was close to the 67 points but still got the PR Card?

C

cchabert

Even if you find somebody with that is not a guarantee that it will happen to you too, better prepare your self on IELTS there is a bunch of books on Amazon

CV User

Oct 27, 2008
I have taken the IELTS. I am just awaiting results. If I don't get all HIGHS, I will be short of 67. I feel like I have done my best in that exam but it may not be enough to get HIGHs. How lenient are they in scoring compare to the Academic test?

CV User

Oct 27, 2008
Since I am going through a consultant that from CIC, he/she maybe able to workout something out right? I am sure they have loopholes?

C

cchabert

I don;'t know about the loopholes or if you can work this out with she/he, is a big gamble that you want to take, it's up to you. wait your results and if you get lower marks, study more and do it again.

CV User

Oct 27, 2008
Lol, are you joking me? $160 per exam. Are they going to give me the same exam and tell me what I need to do to get a better score next time?

I think this IELTS exam is just a Gimmick. I believe if you someone has a 4 year degree then IELTS should not be required. That is just my opinion.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
CV user,

Here is my story;

1st time IELTS; 7, 7, 6.5, 7
2nd time; 6.5, 7, 5.5, 8
3rd time; 8, 8. 5.5, 6.5
4th time; Application Rejected, 4th time never came. (Nov 2007)

I was too frustrated, not sure what to do, luckily my second Bachelor was completed in Nov just when my app was rejected and they never waited for the Diploma to come in the mail and rejected me.

I re-applied in Feb 19th just few days shy from Feb27th with the New Degree which gave me extra 2 points and I used 1st IELTS test and submit with my application. Since the test was not more than 1year old, they accepted it and now they have requested the documentation.

BTW this is my 3rd time to apply, 1st time was 10 years ago.

I do not see that they are lenient, otherwise they would have gave me some points to qualify. The best way is to re-appear in IELTS and I know it is a rip-off because they want to make money while you keep on trying.

Here is one site, you can get prepared over here and see if the results increase. You should not wait as the tests are 45 days a part and they are usually full.

http://www.scottsenglish.com/ielts/pages/home.asp

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS is a test and like all tests you need to prepare for it. I sincerely doubt many of the native English speakers will score 7/8/9 in listening or reading if they haven't practised a few tests before hand. No matter how great your English is , you need to practise for the IELTS format before doing it.
There are hundreds of IELTS preparation websites around but i too can vouch for NewYorkers link. i used scottsenglish to prepare for my IELTS and their tips are very good. i found their practise tests for listening and reading extremely useful when it came to the real thing. i knew what to expect and found it good. i certainly would recommend the link for any on our forum who are preparing for IELTS.