Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hello All,
I am planning to apply for the citizenship this month and need some input on Language test.
I have studied in India and all my Certificates/ Degree/ scool marksheets are in English. Degree certificate was even attested by Ministry of External Affairs as part of PR application process.

Also, I did gave IELTS test in 2010 for my PR process.

I have following questions:

1. Do I still need to give CELPIP english language test ?
2. Is it possible to retrieve my IELTS test score from 2010 ?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Sharat Joshi

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Hello All,
I am planning to apply for the citizenship this month and need some input on Language test.
I have studied in India and all my Certificates/ Degree/ scool marksheets are in English. Degree certificate was even attested by Ministry of External Affairs as part of PR application process.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Sharat Joshi
Hi Sharat,

Your copy of IELTS is more then enough. No need to take the CELPIP language test.

Good luck.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Attach copy of your diploma etc. and if there is some proof that it was in English, that as well. Or just an explanation letter saying your study language for the program was in English. Copy of the IELTS with it would be helpful with information that it was your score at that time and was submitted from PR (in my opinion). Again just a personal opinion, probably depends on what they are expecting.

Having the mark sheets etc in English is not a proof that the language format was English. You can easily obtain this information from your university.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Attach copy of your diploma etc. and if there is some proof that it was in English, that as well. Or just an explanation letter saying your study language for the program was in English. Copy of the IELTS with it would be helpful with information that it was your score at that time and was submitted from PR (in my opinion). Again just a personal opinion, probably depends on what they are expecting.

Having the mark sheets etc in English is not a proof that the language format was English. You can easily obtain this information from your university.
Thanks for the reply.
I did my Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering. The Degree is in English, however, it does not say anything that the medium of my education was in English. Will it be enough ?

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hi Sharat,

Your copy of IELTS is more then enough. No need to take the CELPIP language test.

Good luck.
Thanks for the reply.
I need to locate my IELTS results now !!!

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Hello All,

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Sharat Joshi

Your IELTS General scorecard even if it is expired, is enough proof.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Well, I looked for my IELTS score card, and looks like in 2010 (when I gave my test), the score card was mailed to my agent, who then submitted it with application. Now I cannot get duplicate copy. Anyone else encountered this issue before ?

How did you worked it out.
As for my degree certificate, I got the evaluation from WES done as well. Will it be helpful If I submit the WES assessment and degree certificate copy together ?

Cheers,
Sharat Joshi

.Steve

Sep 9, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, I looked for my IELTS score card, and looks like in 2010 (when I gave my test), the score card was mailed to my agent, who then submitted it with application. Now I cannot get duplicate copy. Anyone else encountered this issue before ?

How did you worked it out.
As for my degree certificate, I got the evaluation from WES done as well. Will it be helpful If I submit the WES assessment and degree certificate copy together ?

Cheers,
Sharat Joshi
If you foreign degree specifically mentions that the language of the program was in English it should be good
Otherwise the safe bet would be to include your IELTS or take the CELPIP basic test to make sure that your application is not returned as incomplete

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011

Hello devilhimselff
Thanks for your answer. Here is my scenario:
1. IELTS score card is not available. I gave in 2010 and British council says they store the results for 2 years only. So this option is ruled out
2. Bachelor degree: The language written on degree certificate is English. As you said, it might not be a proof enough for this requirement
3. WES evaluation: My WES evaluation report says the degree is equivalent to 4 years college education in Canada. But again, it does not say the medium of education was English

Now the options:
1. Can I get a letter from my College (not the university, but the college), on their letter head saying that I did this course in XYZ year with XYZ roll number and the medium was English. And this certificate is issued as a proof of language for Canadian Citizenship ? If yes, is there a specific format for this ?

2. Give the CELPIP exam. I really do not want to give this if there is an alternative.

Any suggestions ?
Cheers,
Sharat Joshi

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
I will just get letter from university/college that the medium was English, send that along with copy of your degree. Add a top letter that says, proof of language and below name of your degree attached. In my opinion that should fine.

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Hello All,
I was out of action for a while due to work schedule.

Do any of you have a sample format for getting a letter from College/ University to mention the medium of my education was english.
I am trying for formulate a sample, but not getting any correct wordings.

if anyone has done this and can share the sample, it would be highly appreciable.

Regards,
Sharat Joshi

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
I was out of action for a while due to work schedule.

Do any of you have a sample format for getting a letter from College/ University to mention the medium of my education was english.
I am trying for formulate a sample, but not getting any correct wordings.

if anyone has done this and can share the sample, it would be highly appreciable.

Regards,
Sharat Joshi
Your degree or university should mention that the medium of instruction was English.
If your university is reputed they should have handled these like these before so all you go to do is put in the request for a letter.