+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English Language Requirement for Non-Express Entry PNP (Skills Immigration – International Post- Graduate Stream)

Hamidflasher

Feb 21, 2023
Hey guys,
Is it required to have an English Language Certificate for NON-EXPRESS Entry (of BC PNP Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate)?
I received my nomination a few days ago and I have been told to apply for Non-Express Entry, as I am already a student (Ph.D. Candidate), do I need to have a language proficiency (General IELTS) for my PR application? what about my husband?

Reactions: matt996

Hamidflasher

Feb 21, 2023
I appreciate any comments as we need to book a test for both and it takes time for us and we live in a small town, thanks

chickchick93

Jan 16, 2023
Hi,
So far as I know, you don't need a language test for non-EE BCIPG. May I ask about your timelines? I am also a Ph.D. candidate and have submitted my application in January this year but haven't received any updates from them.

Thank you and wish you all the best.

Hamidflasher

Feb 21, 2023
For BC PNP you do not need one, but as you make a profile in NON-EE, there is a section of *Proof of language proficiency (required) that you need to upload a file. For BC PNP we applied on 11DEC and nominated on 13FEB.

LeaCanada

Feb 26, 2023
Hello,

I am going though the same process too, I applied for non-express Entry of BC PNP Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate as a PhD candidate given that I do not need an language test, but now there's a section of Proof of language proficiency (required) in the PR application so I am now not sure whether we need the test or not.

Any help is appreciated,

Santiler12

Mar 3, 2023
For BC PNP you do not need one, but as you make a profile in NON-EE, there is a section of *Proof of language proficiency (required) that you need to upload a file. For BC PNP we applied on 11DEC and nominated on 13FEB.
Hello, I am on a similar situation but with Ontario. I got my nomination without the English test but now I am being asked to submit this document. Did you ended up taking the test? Thanks in advance for sharing your experience.

Hamidflasher

Feb 21, 2023
Hey Guys, to be honest, I ended up taking the test as it was required for the submission documents. There is no word about having an English test as an option for PR, however, it is somehow not required for Provincial nomination. IRCC website mentions:

Pursuant to R87.2(d), the applicant must demonstrate that they meet or exceed the threshold set by the Minister for proficiency in either English or French for each of the four language skill areas: reading, writing, speaking, and listening.

So as a result, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE TEST (maybe a minimum of CLB5).

AlexPar

May 17, 2023
I just found this link. As the last paragraph says, the language certificate requirement depends on pnp stream you apply. But I am worried about this page since it has been published in 2018.

hussainkestrel

Sep 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
20 October 2017
Med's Request
9th November 2017
Med's Done....
15th November 2017
Guys what is ECA required for a dependent spouse for non express entry?