+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English copy of Nikaahnama acceptable as marriage certificate?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smfcoder said:
Here's a sample marriage certificate: http://www.marriageregistration.co.in/sample-marriage-certificate.php

Mine looks similar. As it mentions the date of solemnization, I think you should be fine and can accept the 8th March ITA.
Thanks, you just saved me from 18 hours of tension :D

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Guys Any valuable input on this?

metal said:
Guys,

What if I have
1. The religious marriage certificate (in English - not translated) signed duly by the 'Qazi' and has got government attestation at the back of the certificate (for visa purposes)
2. Spouse name added in both of our passports
3. I have a kid who also has parents name mentioned in his passport.

If I put all these documents in one pdf and upload as a marriage certification proof, will it suffice? Or I still need some Govt of India document?

I ask this because, I am Indian national but residing in Saudi Arabia. I dont think I can travel in near future and I already have an ITA.

Thanks

smfcoder

Feb 19, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18.May.2016
Nomination.....
16.Nov.2016 ITA
AOR Received.
14.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
31.Jan.2017
Passport Req..
7.Apr.2017
VISA ISSUED...
4.May.2017
metal said:
Guys,

What if I have
1. The religious marriage certificate (in English - not translated) signed duly by the 'Qazi' and has got government attestation at the back of the certificate (for visa purposes)
2. Spouse name added in both of our passports
3. I have a kid who also has parents name mentioned in his passport.

If I put all these documents in one pdf and upload as a marriage certification proof, will it suffice? Or I still need some Govt of India document?

I ask this because, I am Indian national but residing in Saudi Arabia. I dont think I can travel in near future and I already have an ITA.

Thanks
From what I know in general, the religious marriage certificate is NOT enough (I got to know this when applying for a visa for a couple of other countries). However, since you have a government attestation, it MAY work (especially since it worked for you for visa purposes in the past), but I can't say for sure. How long ago did you get that visa? Perhaps the rules might have changed since then.

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Well,
I got them Attested (Notarized - red sticker) + it has Govt of Maharashtra's Home Department stamp at the back of the certificate. I used it get my wife's dependent resident visa for Saudi Arabia and adding spouse name in both of our passports.
It was way back in May 2014.

smfcoder said:
From what I know in general, the religious marriage certificate is NOT enough (I got to know this when applying for a visa for a couple of other countries). However, since you have a government attestation, it MAY work (especially since it worked for you for visa purposes in the past), but I can't say for sure. How long ago did you get that visa? Perhaps the rules might have changed since then.

Shaz1

Mar 4, 2017
Hi friends,

I have english copy of my Nikaahnama (it's mentioned so on document as well) which is sealed & signed. Original Nikaahnama is in Urdu. My question is, if CIC will accept this english copy of Nikaahnama in EE, or should I get marriage certificate from registrar office?

During earlier process of paper based system CIC used to accept if original (not photocopy) english copy of Nikaahnama is submitted with application. Although, I'm not sure if same will be accepted in EE, as we send scanned copies.

Thanks.
So what happened finally..And what did u submit as marriage proof..was it accepted? Pls let me know