+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Engineering Jobs

m.a.khan

Feb 28, 2011
Hello sir,
I am a Diploma holder and right now doing Engineering in Electrical and electronics engineering(bachelor engineering) and after finishing my degree i like to work in Canada is there is any jobs available for people like me..I am from India

is there is any agency of Canada is located in my country

Thank you

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m.a.khan said:
Hello sir,
I am a Diploma holder and right now doing Engineering in Electrical and electronics engineering(bachelor engineering) and after finishing my degree i like to work in Canada is there is any jobs available for people like me..I am from India

Thank you
Do you have Canadian work experience?

m.a.khan

Feb 28, 2011
No sir...
But i have for 6 months in lift erection before joining Engineering(after completing my diploma)..
1.perhaps i will like to know is there is any agency or Canadian office in india. where can i contact.. for further info(sorry if i am wrong)
2.How is the market for engineers in Canada.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll need Canadian experience to get job here buddy, they already have lots of Engineers from Canadian universities looking for jobs who have 5 to 10 years of Canadian work experience you could inquire in India is they have any Canadian job agencies

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
m.a.khan said:
Hello sir,

Thank you
First of all, where are yr qualifications from? If they are all from India, then it would be pretty hard for u to find engineering jobs here in Canada, cause to be qualified to practise as an engineer, u will need to be CET or APEGG trained, which means u must be have graduated from a local Canadian College or University and then u will be qualified to be a EIT (engineer in training) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist). If yr qualifications are from India, other than those that have recprocircal agreements with Canada, such as Australia, Singapore, USA and perhaps some European countries, then yr qualification will be totally useless and u will not be able to practise as an engineer or a technologist. U can try to get yr qualifications assessed and certified to see if they meet the equivalence of the Canadian standards but I can assure u, there will be many parts lacking and u will not be able to practise as an engineer based solely on yr Indian qualifications. As such, if u want to practise as an engineer again in Canada, then u must be prepared to be re-trained in this field. No agency will be able to land u a job in Canada as an engineer unless u are posted by a firm from India and they employers are from India and they hire u from India as an expat to Canada.

As Newtone already described, there are fresh engineers and engineers who have more than 2 to 5 yrs of experience in Canada also searching for such engineering jobs, as such, u will definitely face tough competition from the local more qualified applicants. However, u do not have to be discouraged but u instead, u can seek to re-train in Canada then perhaps, u have a chance too. Otherwise, it will definitely be a tough game for u to play.

m.a.khan

Feb 28, 2011
abelkwh said:
First of all, where are yr qualifications from? If they are all from India, then it would be pretty hard for u to find engineering jobs here in Canada, cause to be qualified to practise as an engineer, u will need to be CET or APEGG trained, which means u must be have graduated from a local Canadian College or University and then u will be qualified to be a EIT (engineer in training) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist). If yr qualifications are from India, other than those that have recprocircal agreements with Canada, such as Australia, Singapore, USA and perhaps some European countries, then yr qualification will be totally useless and u will not be able to practise as an engineer or a technologist. U can try to get yr qualifications assessed and certified to see if they meet the equivalence of the Canadian standards but I can assure u, there will be many parts lacking and u will not be able to practise as an engineer based solely on yr Indian qualifications. As such, if u want to practise as an engineer again in Canada, then u must be prepared to be re-trained in this field. No agency will be able to land u a job in Canada as an engineer unless u are posted by a firm from India and they employers are from India and they hire u from India as an expat to Canada.

As Newtone already described, there are fresh engineers and engineers who have more than 2 to 5 yrs of experience in Canada also searching for such engineering jobs, as such, u will definitely face tough competition from the local more qualified applicants. However, u do not have to be discouraged but u instead, u can seek to re-train in Canada then perhaps, u have a chance too. Otherwise, it will definitely be a tough game for u to play.

Wat do u mean by re train... do i have to study whole in engineering again from an canadian universities. or something like getting a license thats certify me as a engineer from canadian school...
other than that which will be a good country for a engineer like me...bcoz here the competition is crazy like hell... nearly 5 lakhs engineer are coming out every year(numbers only for city/state not for the whole country)... so its hard for me to get a job and i like to stay(permanently) in that country where i work.....

thank u for taking your precious time out and replying me

malmon

Mar 1, 2011
hi there.

which website can i find the criterias to practice as an engineer in Canada? or the assessment body?thanks for those who will reply.

:D

m.a.khan

Feb 28, 2011
malmon said:
hi there.

which website can i find the criterias to practice as an engineer in Canada? or the assessment body?thanks for those who will reply.

:D

Are u a engineer from india as me. or what

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malmon said:
I'm an Electronics & Communications Engineering graduate from the Philippines.
I am a graduate chemical engineer with MBA from Bangladesh. I am going over there as an immigrant, i don't know will i get a job in my sector or have to continue survival job!!!!!!!

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tonucml said:
I am a graduate chemical engineer with MBA from Bangladesh. I am going over there as an immigrant, i don't know will i get a job in my sector or have to continue survival job!!!!!!!
I don't want to give you any false hopes buddy but you may have to re-certify or re-evaluate your degrees according to Canadian standards. I don't know where you did your MBA from but if they dont recognize your MBA then you may have to do it again from a Canadian University.

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
I don't want to give you any false hopes buddy but you may have to re-certify or re-evaluate your degrees according to Canadian standards. I don't know where you did your MBA from but if they dont recognize your MBA then you may have to do it again from a Canadian University.
Dear i wrote Engineering and MBA both i did from Bangladesh.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You'll may have to evaluate your degrees from here, like I said you need Canadian work experience before you can get a job in your field. The likely hood of them taking you with foreign degrees and work experience is very slim

Tonucml

Oct 17, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
You'll may have to evaluate your degrees from here, like I said you need Canadian work experience before you can get a job in your field. The likely hood of them taking you with foreign degrees and work experience is very slim
OK i will evaluate my certificates besides this i will try to take any diploma from Canadian institutes to enter Canadian job market.

abelkwh

Jul 30, 2009
for those of u who wish to know if u qualify to practise engineering in Canada, u may read and refer to these sites below. Just be prepared that most of yr qualifications from India, phillipines or any developing or 3rd world countries universities, will not be able to practise here and u will need to be re-trained (meaning go back to university or college to get yr engineering degree or Diploma) if u want to practise engineering in Canada.

http://www.engineerscanada.ca/e/pr_accreditation.cfm

or the respective accreditation boards of the respective provinces, such as Saskatchewan board of engineering and geo-scientist or Alberta board of engineers and Geo-scientist or Ontario's.

http://www.apegga.com/

http://www.apegs.sk.ca/

http://www.peo.on.ca/

Licence Requirements

To be licensed as a professional engineer by a provincial or territorial engineering association, candidates must:

Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (Citizenship or permanent resident status is required to apply for licensure. It is not possible to be licensed before immigrating to Canada.)

Possess an undergraduate (Bachelor's level) degree in engineering from a recognized Canadian university program, or possess an otherwise recognized engineering degree and complete an assigned exam program. Recognition of degree equivalency by a Canadian university or other organization is unrelated to recognition of your degree by Engineers Canada and its members.

Complete three or four years of engineering work, depending on the association. Experience obtained outside Canada may be acceptable if sufficient documentation is provided. A minimum of 12 months experience must be in a Canadian environment to ensure that you are familiar with Canadian codes and standards.

Write and pass a professional practice examination on professional practice, ethics, engineering law and liability.

Be of good character and reputation.

Be proficient in English (French in Québec, English or French in New Brunswick).