+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Endless wait???

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
I applied for the canadian permanent residence through CHC Ghana in April 2002. I had to wait till Aug 23 2006 before I got an e-mail that I should update my application by filling new forms for myself and family members. I sent all needed docs except IELTS before the deadline of 22 Oct 2006. This was bcos the exam dates in Nigeria were fully booked till Nov. I informed CHC Ghana about this development(in fact i forwarded the mail from British Council Lagos stating that I couldn't sit for the IELTS till Nov 30 2006). However, I sat for the exams on Nov 30 and got the results couriered to CHC Ghana and they acknowledged receiving it on Dec 29 2006. I got 8 in all the 4 parts. The problem now is that I have heard nothing from them since then. I sent a mail in March 2007 requesting for an update and no reply. How long is one going to wait again? The average processing time for CHC Ghana is about 61 months and i have already exceeded this time frame. Any advice will be welcome as I seem to be getting tired of the whole stuff

csabar

May 16, 2007
Hi A-square,

I can't really help you regarding the Ghanian situation, but just for comparison I applied from Hungary at the Consulate in Vienna in May 2004 and I haven't got my visa up to the present day. I have also exceeded the average, can't remember, around 28 or so months and I'm getting fed up with it as well. I don't know what to say because I'm desperate too. How can they expect properly qualified serious citizens to plan their life with this uncertainty and with the feeling that you're helpless and depend on some officers in a consulate??! It's a shit feeling, but I'm still hoping. I recommend that you do the same.
Sorry I couldn't help.
Csaba

softncool

Star Member
Oct 31, 2006
Pakistan
A-square,
There is nothing to worry about. I think we have got no option but waite. But be sure that now your case is being assessed and you will soon hear from CIC. Meantime please order CAIPS notes to get the exact picture.
Thanks
Cool

A-square

Jan 24, 2007
Thanx csabar and Softncool. I guess i really have no choice but to wait. I'd actually ordered for the caips note earlier this month but my friend in canada said she's still waiting for it. No probs, one will just have to wait.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
Good old days my Accra fols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just reminiscencing......................