NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi guys,
I have added the below responsibilities for NOC 2174. Can you guys please review and suggest your opinions. I'm planing to submit my application this week.

Role Description:
Programmer Analyst (From February 26th 2012 to October 24th 2013)
  • Add changes to existing Web pages by developing XML using SDL Tridion tool.
  • Develop new Web Services using Struts framework 2.0 as per Clients Requirements.
  • Build User Interface using HTML5, JavaScript and JSP’s which leverage the Web services developed and present a free flowing Customer experience in the browser.
  • Implement Minor Site Enhancements to the client’s website which includes adding and removal of the fields in UI and changing the static content on the web pages.
  • Unit testing the changes made using JUnit and uploading the test results to HP Quality Center.
  • Actively getting the code reviewed by senior programmers and implementing the code review comments.
Programmer Analyst Trainee (From August 25th 2011 to February 25th 2012)
  • Attended Advanced Java training from Cognizant Academy
  • Cleared training exams conducted by the Academy
You should have more duties added.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you for your advice Mr.Preet. Should I add for Programmer Analyst Trainee role ? Are the responsibilities provided for Programmer Analyst sufficient ?
You should add more for Programmer Analyst.

Reactions: ganesh2583

ganesh2583

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Hi Preet,

Can you please review now once. I have added more roles.

· Modify code to add changes to existing Web pages by developing XML using SDL Tridion tool.

· Assisting other teams and developers in building Software and Computed programs to solve logical specifications involving in the project.

· Develop and Write code for new Web Services using Struts framework 2.0 as per Clients Requirements.

· Build User Interface using HTML5, JavaScript and JSP’s which leverage the Web services developed and present a free flowing Customer experience in the browser.

· Implement Minor Site Enhancements to the client’s website which includes adding and removal of the fields in UI and changing the static content on the web pages.

· Minor Site Enhancements involve modifying the existing code to add new changes to the Web pages.

· Unit testing the changes made using JUnit and uploading the test results to HP Quality Center.

· Testing the code and software to make it bug free.

· Maintain the existing application and computer programs by making modifications as required.

· Actively getting the code reviewed by senior programmers and implementing the code review comments.

· Attended Advanced Java training from Cognizant Academy

· Cleared training exams conducted by the Academy

· Successfully completed project using Advanced Java, Struts 2.0 framework for Employee Information management.

· Used HTML5 and JavaScript to Develop the UI and add Client side validations.

· Project was used for a Client in Insurance Domain, to manage the customer information.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Preet,

Can you please review now once. I have added more roles.

· Modify code to add changes to existing Web pages by developing XML using SDL Tridion tool.

· Assisting other teams and developers in building Software and Computed programs to solve logical specifications involving in the project.

· Develop and Write code for new Web Services using Struts framework 2.0 as per Clients Requirements.

· Build User Interface using HTML5, JavaScript and JSP’s which leverage the Web services developed and present a free flowing Customer experience in the browser.

· Implement Minor Site Enhancements to the client’s website which includes adding and removal of the fields in UI and changing the static content on the web pages.

· Minor Site Enhancements involve modifying the existing code to add new changes to the Web pages.

· Unit testing the changes made using JUnit and uploading the test results to HP Quality Center.

· Testing the code and software to make it bug free.

· Maintain the existing application and computer programs by making modifications as required.

· Actively getting the code reviewed by senior programmers and implementing the code review comments.

· Attended Advanced Java training from Cognizant Academy

· Cleared training exams conducted by the Academy

· Successfully completed project using Advanced Java, Struts 2.0 framework for Employee Information management.

· Used HTML5 and JavaScript to Develop the UI and add Client side validations.

· Project was used for a Client in Insurance Domain, to manage the customer information.
Looks better now.

dbondarchuk

Aug 14, 2019
Can you have a look on these duties for NOC 2174:

• Working across functional (development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure) as software developer to ensure timely and smooth software delivery
  • Developing and maintaining software tools and scripts to automate and streamline software application development process and software delivery from developers to customers. This includes (but not limited to):
    • Writing code to develop new programs, functions
    • Create test plans and write code to automated unit tests
    • Conduct unit testing, integration testing and system testing as required
    • Investigate, identify and resolve code issues involving detailed technical analysis
    • Responsible for providing technical support to development teams locally and globally
    • Write tools and scripts to automate continuous integration and deployment of software applications
    • Write code to automatically create Virtual Machine images dynamically using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) approach
    • Document technical details for tracking and reporting purposes
    • Work with development teams for different projects to automate their continuous integration process
    • Work as an administrator to manage, maintain and monitor development tools such as GitHub, Team Foundation Server, Jenkins, GoCD, etc.
    • Write code to run Continuous Integration and processes on the Amazon Cloud using AWS
    • Work in an Agile environment using Scrum & Kanban methodologies to produce required deliverables
  • Driving and perfecting our vision of Continuous Software Delivery by researching and evaluating a variety of software products and making the software development process easy and enjoyable
Thanks!

uerceg

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
@mr.preetsingh Sorry for ping in this probably long forgotten topic for you, but what do you think about following duties description:
  • Participation in specification, design, development and testing of native mobile applications for iOS and Android.
  • Writing technical and system design documentation.
  • Continued maintenance, development, bug fixes and customisation of existing apps based on new requests from clients.
  • Participation in collection and documentation of client requirements.
  • Collaboration with other team members to investigate design approaches and prototype new technology.
  • Collaboration with team lead and other team members to manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
  • Interaction with customers during and post mobile application implementation phase.
  • Responsibility for communication and resolution of all technical issues.
?

Thank you in advance.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
@mr.preetsingh Sorry for ping in this probably long forgotten topic for you, but what do you think about following duties description:
  • Participation in specification, design, development and testing of native mobile applications for iOS and Android.
  • Writing technical and system design documentation.
  • Continued maintenance, development, bug fixes and customisation of existing apps based on new requests from clients.
  • Participation in collection and documentation of client requirements.
  • Collaboration with other team members to investigate design approaches and prototype new technology.
  • Collaboration with team lead and other team members to manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
  • Interaction with customers during and post mobile application implementation phase.
  • Responsibility for communication and resolution of all technical issues.
?

Thank you in advance.
For which NOC is it?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
@mr.preetsingh Ah, sorry, I thought it’s implied given that it’s in this thread. It’s 2174.
You should mention the software/language/programming skill that you use to program. It seems you are targeting for Computer Programmers part of this NOC code, however there is no mention which technology are you using in. What is your designation/Job Title?

uerceg

Star Member
Nov 20, 2018
Berlin, Germany
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
@mr.preetsingh Thanks for the suggestions. Sure, I can mention that as well. Reason I am asking is because I have no idea about level of details I need to put in here. Saying that I develop apps for iOS and Android (for me) kinda implies that I use Java / Kotlin / Objective-C / Swift programming languages. I can go in depth and mention all the work I do in automation, CI/CD, etc. Should I?

I am a software developer according to job title. According to NOC descriptions, seems to me that 2174 is closest in description to what I do. I was initially under impression I am 2173 and made profile originally with that selected, but then changed to 2174 which seems more suited for my case. 2174 is also the one which was mentioned in my profile when I got Ontario NOI on October 15th.