+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Verfication

adam Yonge

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks a lot guys. I dint expect so many replys. Let me clarify few points. I do have T4 slip and it also shows in CRA online account. But there is no proof of salary paid bcas he paid me cash. Also, I already mentioned in citizenship application that i worked for him and also gave his address and contact information. Btw, I cant hide that employer bcas T4 is already issued. I have no idea what criminal plan he is making.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thanks a lot guys. I dint expect so many replys. Let me clarify few points. I do have T4 slip and it also shows in CRA online account. But there is no proof of salary paid bcas he paid me cash. Also, I already mentioned in citizenship application that i worked for him and also gave his address and contact information. Btw, I cant hide that employer bcas T4 is already issued. I have no idea what criminal plan he is making.
Like I said. No need to worry. A T4 is good enough because CRA has a copy of it already. So how would he explain why he issued you a T4.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Why would CIC call any employer. This is citizenship application and not some Sponsorship or Provincial Nominee Program that requires confirmed work experience or income, even at that, they don't call in all cases.

You must apply assuming they call to avoid any surprises like if they call. as previous posts have mentioned their are cases since 2015 many people have been busted in Montreal and BC area for fake addresses scheme where those people applied posing living in the country while not living here but in Lebanon and China esp Hong Kong.

CIC is now aggressive, never same again since bill c24.

adam Yonge

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks again guys. Just for an argument lets say that he proved that i did not work there. What would cic do in that situation?
1) i did lie in my application.
2) My work experience is irrelavant to Citizenship bcas irrespective of whether i worked there or not, i will be eligible to apply for citizenship. You know what i mean. I believe CIC main concern is whether i lived in this country for 1095 days and whether i have any criminal record. I understand work experience is definite measure to determine whether i lived in canada or not but since i worked there for only 2 months do you guys think it will matter. I already completed 1500 days. Honestly there is no proof that i worked there except T4 slips which he can easily deny by saying that he issued it by mistake or some other reason.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Thanks again guys. Just for an argument lets say that he proved that i did not work there. What would cic do in that situation?
1) i did lie in my application.
2) My work experience is irrelavant to Citizenship bcas irrespective of whether i worked there or not, i will be eligible to apply for citizenship. You know what i mean. I believe CIC main concern is whether i lived in this country for 1095 days and whether i have any criminal record. I understand work experience is definite measure to determine whether i lived in canada or not but since i worked there for only 2 months do you guys think it will matter. I already completed 1500 days. Honestly there is no proof that i worked there except T4 slips which he can easily deny by saying that he issued it by mistake or some other reason.
Think about it this way,if they realize or suspect that you lied on one specific thing in the application,as irrelevant as it might seems, it will automatically flag your case and probably call for an RQ. if they aren't satisfied with what you present to them you will be facing a judge and might be prohibited from applying again for 5 years(not sure how it would affect your PR renewal).

Reactions: adam Yonge

adam Yonge

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks for the reply. I hope it will not go into that situation. I have no other option at this point of time but to wait and see. ill just go where fate takes me.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I hope it will not go into that situation. I have no other option at this point of time but to wait and see. ill just go where fate takes me.
Hey, apply and stop worrying yourself. IRCC know those they are looking for in terms of cheating the system. I was on the phone with CRA the other day and I tried to ask about what they share between CRA and IRCC, the lady sounded like she had never heard of it before. I don't think the sharing btw the two agencies is very popular as many would think. Plus what CIC put on their website as to what they are looking for in tax filing is different from what people have parading.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
T4 has employer's name at the top. What does your T4 say for employer's name? Salary in cash or cheque doesnt matter, if your T4 has employer's name, then you worked there for some part of that year. Period.

Reactions: guddylover

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
First thing first. Whenever you are providing any information it should be true to the best of your knowledge, as misrepresentation can lead to serious consequences. Being truthful may or may not delay the process but in the end you will get citizenship.

Whenever you provide any information on citizenship application it is best to believe it can be checked, unless otherwise.

If you have T4 slips that means that you worked during that time. You have also mentioned everything on tax returns, so keep your story straight and clear.

Remember it is not a job application where reference will matter, it's citizenship application and purpose is only to assess your eligibility related to residency requirement. And if he f***s with you he risks getting f****d back for lying to IRCC.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Dear OP

Thumb Rule : Never ever hide any fact from CIC , what ever is fact present them
second point , CIC rarely calls to employer (specially in Citizenship cases), that also when Address/company is red flagged.

Hope you feel better now
relax and wait for positive to come

Good Luck

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,
I applied for citizenship in the month of october. I would like to know whether cic call the employer for verification. I had a fight with my previous employer and he is not willing to give me his new contact information and he knows that cic will contact him for verification. He purposely trying to screw me. So my question to you guys is that what happens if previous employer says that i did not work at his office and also i would like to know whether cic even bother to call my employers in the first place for verification as there main intention is to check whether i lived in canada for 1095 days. Please reply with your honest opinion. Thank you very much.
It actually won’t matter - because it can be further verified (if needed by CIC) by looking at T4, Record of employment etc. So actually, don’t worry.

The information is there incase CIC decide to complete further checks. If they do - and if they can’t contact your previous employer, they may request further documentation.

Ultimately, employment doesn’t matter. CIC just want the ability to complete checks where they suspect residency fraud.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Thanks for replying guys. I am really worried. I have T4 slips with me and its also available in CRA account. If he says that i didnt work then i can easily prove it but i dont want to go through all those hassle, So wondering if CIC calls the employer?
He will be a fool to say u didnt work with him thatll just flag him for investigation cause it would seem you were hired on illegal grounds ill be more worried if i were him not you

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He will be a fool to say u didnt work with him thatll just flag him for investigation cause it would seem you were hired on illegal grounds ill be more worried if i were him not you
Exactly. You have nothing to worry about here so relax.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
First thing first. Whenever you are providing any information it should be true to the best of your knowledge, as misrepresentation can lead to serious consequences. Being truthful may or may not delay the process but in the end you will get citizenship.

Whenever you provide any information on citizenship application it is best to believe it can be checked, unless otherwise.

If you have T4 slips that means that you worked during that time. You have also mentioned everything on tax returns, so keep your story straight and clear.

Remember it is not a job application where reference will matter, it's citizenship application and purpose is only to assess your eligibility related to residency requirement. And if he f***s with you he risks getting f****d back for lying to IRCC.
yeah the employer will get charged for lying to government which is serious crime on his end.

so the op has nothing to worry. I hope all people who abuse their status get cancer.