+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Verfication

adam Yonge

Nov 15, 2017
Hi Guys,
I applied for citizenship in the month of october. I would like to know whether cic call the employer for verification. I had a fight with my previous employer and he is not willing to give me his new contact information and he knows that cic will contact him for verification. He purposely trying to screw me. So my question to you guys is that what happens if previous employer says that i did not work at his office and also i would like to know whether cic even bother to call my employers in the first place for verification as there main intention is to check whether i lived in canada for 1095 days. Please reply with your honest opinion. Thank you very much.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Your employer can not lie as you got T4 from him and you gave them your SIN number.It will just put him in a weird position.
Not sure if they call to check or not but for quality assurance cases/Flagged Cases they might ill assume.

Reactions: adam Yonge

adam Yonge

Nov 15, 2017
Thanks for replying guys. I am really worried. I have T4 slips with me and its also available in CRA account. If he says that i didnt work then i can easily prove it but i dont want to go through all those hassle, So wondering if CIC calls the employer?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Thanks for replying guys. I am really worried. I have T4 slips with me and its also available in CRA account. If he says that i didnt work then i can easily prove it but i dont want to go through all those hassle, So wondering if CIC calls the employer?

Well he can't say that you didn't work for him because he already issued T4 under his company and he claimed all employee wages under his corporate taxes. In case CIC does believe him, they might inform CRA and they will call him and then he has to go through the hassle of getting a audit from CRA and they will ask why he claimed non existent employee wages. But I don't think he's that stupid to let his company go through all that.

So I wouldn't worry about it.

adam Yonge

Nov 15, 2017
Thank you very much for the feedback. I totally understand your point of view. I hope cic will not call my employer bcas i was working for a small law firm as an assistant and since he is a lawyer and he knows how to manipulate documents and he is expert in it. I dont have any proof of salary payment like salary slips or bank deposits. He can put me in deep trouble if he wants to so i dont want to go through that bcas for him its just an enquiry but for me its a citizenship. I know i am in safer side but he is saying that he will make me go through lot of stress.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback. I totally understand your point of view. I hope cic will not call my employer bcas i was working for a small law firm as an assistant and since he is a lawyer and he knows how to manipulate documents and he is expert in it. I dont have any proof of salary payment like salary slips or bank deposits. He can put me in deep trouble if he wants to so i dont want to go through that bcas for him its just an enquiry but for me its a citizenship. I know i am in safer side but he is saying that he will make me go through lot of stress.
So if you did not get any official salary slips and no T4's how did you get paid? if the answer is cash then he will 100% deny that you worked there to prevent issues for himself.

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
If you don't have any proof of employment, It would be better if you just put Un Employed and give your Building Manager's or House Owner's Address who can verify your stay in Canada. This guy may be put you in trouble if CIC call him. Hope for the Best

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
If you don't have any proof of employment, It would be better if you just put Un Employed and give your Building Manager's or House Owner's Address who can verify your stay in Canada. This guy may be put you in trouble if CIC call him. Hope for the Best

You shouldn't lie on the application. CIC will know if OP has worked or not based on his personal income taxes which he filed using the T4 of his old previous employer.

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
You shouldn't lie on the application. CIC will know if OP has worked or not based on his personal income taxes which he filed using the T4 of his old previous employer.
Thanks a lot for your clarification. But this is not a lie. This is the truth which we cannot prove (There isn't any material evidence to prove He worked, like an Appointment letter, T4, Relieving Letter etc) so in this case what is the other option? My apologies If this seems to be illogical and funny.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Guys,
I applied for citizenship in the month of october. I would like to know whether cic call the employer for verification. I had a fight with my previous employer and he is not willing to give me his new contact information and he knows that cic will contact him for verification. He purposely trying to screw me. So my question to you guys is that what happens if previous employer says that i did not work at his office and also i would like to know whether cic even bother to call my employers in the first place for verification as there main intention is to check whether i lived in canada for 1095 days. Please reply with your honest opinion. Thank you very much.

avoid him at all cost and dont tell you are applying for citizenship, unemployed is best option if you know its not on CRA, If your record show on CRA contact another manager. Sorry man you are in awkward position.

nobody knows if they make all phone calls on phone numbers of employment, but i guess they surely make atleast 1 contact on lists just to verify you exist and you are that person and if nobody they can make contact then they will extensively look at you with demanding affidavits & refrences during last period meeting with citizenship judge/officer.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I don't think CIC calls the employers unless an applicant's address come up as red flag coz the address has been used many times with different applicants (remember the news before about a Chinese doing fraudulent citizenship apps for people not really here, but only used one address for them-stupid) then CIC will do a lot of verifying for that applicant.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
HEI OP,

Sorry for your situation.

I would only Mention company you worked and leave BLANK (N/A) on that company manager and phone# (Dont remember).

and see what happens.

but avoid that disaster manager he will surely ruin your dreams of citizenship.

but give all other employment address and phone numbers.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Why would CIC call any employer. This is citizenship application and not some Sponsorship or Provincial Nominee Program that requires confirmed work experience or income, even at that, they don't call in all cases.