+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment/Source of Income Explanation Letter Help

Aug 1, 2019
Hello,

I'm in the process of completing the inland application for my spouse and I'm almost ready to send off my documents however, I'm having a hard time with the employment info portion. I live in a border town and work in the USA. This portion of the application states "if you are not working in Canada, provide other documentation showing that you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring.This must include detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person on separate piece of paper"

I pay taxes to both Canada and the USA, I've submitted my documents to the CRA(I have the notice of assessment portion) and have a letter of employment from the place I work in the USA which indicates my rate of pay, weekly hours, job position and yearly salary. I just don't know what they are looking for me to say in this letter. Would anyone kindly offer some ideas of what I should have in this letter of explanation?

Thanks

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hello,

I'm in the process of completing the inland application for my spouse and I'm almost ready to send off my documents however, I'm having a hard time with the employment info portion. I live in a border town and work in the USA. This portion of the application states "if you are not working in Canada, provide other documentation showing that you can support the person(s) you are sponsoring.This must include detailed explanation of how you plan to support yourself and the sponsored person on separate piece of paper"

I pay taxes to both Canada and the USA, I've submitted my documents to the CRA(I have the notice of assessment portion) and have a letter of employment from the place I work in the USA which indicates my rate of pay, weekly hours, job position and yearly salary. I just don't know what they are looking for me to say in this letter. Would anyone kindly offer some ideas of what I should have in this letter of explanation?

Thanks
Just write down your situation about working across the border and attach a copy of your CRA and place of employment. If you make enough money and arent on welfare there really isnt a problem.