+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment requirements? Rupeshhari, PMM, Leon, Mahharrouf pls guide

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I did my BS in computer science in 2005 and completed MBA in Finance in 2007 and working as Accountant in Saudi Arabia in a very reputable firm.

During BS I got job in Finance department, got training and then promoted as Accountant so my master degree is relevant to my profession instead of BS. But as per the instruction by cic they mentioned "Employment Requirements" for the noc code "1111 Financial Auditors and Accountants" are :

Employment requirements

1) Chartered accountants require a university degree and Completion of a professional training program approved by a provincial institute of chartered accountants and, depending on the province, either two years or 30 months of on-the-job training and Membership in a provincial Institute of Chartered Accountants upon successful completion of the Uniform Evaluation (UFE).

2) Certified general accountants and certified management accountants require a university degree and Completion of a training program approved by the Society of Certified General Accountants or Society of Management Accountants and several years of on-the-job training and Certification by the Certified General Accountants Association or the Society of Management Accountants.
Auditors require education, training and recognition as indicated for chartered accountants, certified general accountants or certified management accountants and Some experience as an accountant.

3) Auditors may require recognition by the Institute of Internal Auditors.

4) To act as a trustee in bankruptcy proceedings, auditors and accountants must hold a licence as a trustee in bankruptcy.

5) Licensing by the provincial or territorial governing body is usually required for accountants and auditors practising public accounting.

So please inform, my MBA support to my profession(Accountant) or cic will reject my application?????

Regards

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
nimmiboy,

In principle CIC does not consider the "employment requirements" section of the NOC description, so this should not be a problem.

However, you should be aware that you will not be allowed to work as an accountant until you fulfill those requirements.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I agree with eduardoF based on my reading on this forum.
I dont think your degree matters.
Again, note what he said, you cant work as an accountant in Canada until you fulfill certain requirements.