+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment reference letter

dtorque

Feb 28, 2017
Hi

I recently got Invitation to apply for Canadian immigration.
One of the requirement of the CIC application is the Employment Reference Letter.
Now my former boss has provided me the letter of reference but my job roles has been defined by using the word 'He'. For eg,

1. He has performed the complete value chain analysis of the businesses.
2. He has performed the inventory valuation and recording of the warehouses.

So, is it okay to describe the job roles performed by using the word 'He'? I need an informed opinion on this since CIC is silent on this matter.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Yes, that's fine.

Why wouldn't it be?

Just make sure your duties aren't word for word with the noc. They should not be identical.

mukulabd

Oct 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dtorque said:
Hi
Thanks for reply.
Do you mean that the same duties should not be repeated again?
What she means is do not literally use the same words from NOC duties. It should not look like you copy/pasted.

samirachugh01

Feb 21, 2017
Hi

Neither of my current or previous employer is ready to give me the experience certificate containing details required in specifications. All are saying that the company policy doesn't permit it. Appointment letter and relieving letter is all I have.

Is there any way out? I heard for such cases, I can attach the same two letters as above and give an affidavit. Is anyone aware of this affidavit or any other way out? Please help.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samirachugh01 said:
Hi

Neither of my current or previous employer is ready to give me the experience certificate containing details required in specifications. All are saying that the company policy doesn't permit it. Appointment letter and relieving letter is all I have.

Is there any way out? I heard for such cases, I can attach the same two letters as above and give an affidavit. Is anyone aware of this affidavit or any other way out? Please help.
Ask a manager or colleague to write a declaration of your duties and responsibilities, and notarize this letter.

dtorque

Feb 28, 2017
Can anyone tell me the type of verification that can be made on the Employment letter? Will CIC contact my senior manager who signs the employment reference letter?
What happens in case the person has left the organisation?

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
kryt0n said:
Yes, that's fine.

Why wouldn't it be?

Just make sure your duties aren't word for word with the noc. They should not be identical.
Hi kryt0n, in noc 3112 (GP) responsibilities mentioned on their website is exactly which I am performing from last few years. It is really hard for HR to make a job letter much different from the wording mentioned on internet. Like " Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures ", this is routine task.
What you suggest in my case?

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
techLover said:
Hi kryt0n, in noc 3112 (GP) responsibilities mentioned on their website is exactly which I am performing from last few years. It is really hard for HR to make a job letter much different from the wording mentioned on internet. Like " Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures ", this is routine task.
Hi I wanted to know that my work experience of 5 years is not in continuity .will this effect my profile. my NOC is 3113 (dentist)

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Hi everyone, in noc 3112 (GP) responsibilities mentioned on their website is exactly which I am performing from last few years. It is really hard for HR to make a job letter much different from the wording mentioned on internet. Like " Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures ", this is routine task.

elzsb

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
UAE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi can anyone let me know will the CIC verify the work experience if we get it notarized?

sidy1116

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
01-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-07-2017
mukulabd said:
What she means is do not literally use the same words from NOC duties. It should not look like you copy/pasted.
If one or 2 duties are copy pasted will it be a issue? seniors please reply

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
barusahib2013 said:
Hi I wanted to know that my work experience of 5 years is not in continuity .will this effect my profile. my NOC is 3113 (dentist)
They don't demand for continuous experience. All the relavent experience will be count from last ten years.

barusahib2013

Star Member
Feb 5, 2017
techLover said:
They don't demand for continuous experience. All the relavent experience will be count from last ten years.
but how i will cover d gap of work i worked from 2010-2012 n thn from 2013 - till date. I graduated in 2009 .kindly advise

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
barusahib2013 said:
but how i will cover d gap of work i worked from 2010-2012 n thn from 2013 - till date. I graduated in 2009 .kindly advise
You have to write in LOE about your gaps and defend your case. Explain what you were doing during work gap. I m not expect, wait for senior advice.