Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (likely)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
I've worked for the same company for past eight years. Since I was promoted every couple years, in my work history I listed multiple job titles with the same company (eg. Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer etc.). My primary responsibilities have not change significantly over the course of eight years; they have just gotten broader in scope. I am a little confused about the Employment Verification Letter(s). There are a few options:

1) List all the positions (time in positions, last pay rate etc.) and list job responsibilities separately for each position held at the company. The problem here would be that most responsibilities would stay the same.
2) List all the positions held at the company (time in position, pay rate etc.) but only list one paragraph for job responsibilities (what an engineer does at the company)

Any help is much appreciated! Can someone share their experience and how did it go with CIC?

Asiaved... what do you recommend?

Thanks!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
umassd said:
I've worked for the same company for past eight years. Since I was promoted every couple years, in my work history I listed multiple job titles with the same company (eg. Engineer, Senior Engineer, Lead Engineer etc.). My primary responsibilities have not change significantly over the course of eight years; they have just gotten broader in scope. I am a little confused about the Employment Verification Letter(s). There are a few options:

1) List all the positions (time in positions, last pay rate etc.) and list job responsibilities separately for each position held at the company. The problem here would be that most responsibilities would stay the same.
Not required as this is not a CV.
2) List all the positions held at the company (time in position, pay rate etc.) but only list one paragraph for job responsibilities (what an engineer does at the company)
List the latest (current) roles and responsibilities along with all the held positions in the last 8 years.
Any help is much appreciated! Can someone share their experience and how did it go with CIC?

Asiaved... what do you recommend?

Thanks!

umassd

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (likely)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Thank you for your prompt reply! I want to clarify that in my express entry profile I've listed all the positions separately. Shall I then just upload the same letter for each position held?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
umassd said:
Thank you for your prompt reply! I want to clarify that in my express entry profile I've listed all the positions separately. Shall I then just upload the same letter for each position held?
If you haven't submitted your eAPR yet, you can still amend your EE profile, to suit your needs, so you don't have to do this repetitive upload to fool the system.

umassd

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa (likely)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
I have not... so shall I update the employment history? Shall I list current title and for duration Jan 2007 - Present (though technically, I was just promoted to new title one month ago)? Also, do I need to update the Personal History page to reflect the same? Or for sake of detailed employment history report the positions separately just upload the same letter?

Sorry for all the silly questions but as we all know applications can get rejected for silly reasons! Thanks again!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
umassd said:
I have not... so shall I update the employment history? Shall I list current title and for duration Jan 2007 - Present (though technically, I was just promoted to new title one month ago)? Also, do I need to update the Personal History page to reflect the same? Or for sake of detailed employment history report the positions separately just upload the same letter?

Sorry for all the silly questions but as we all know applications can get rejected for silly reasons! Thanks again!
Yes, you can update the employment history and keep the personal history page as is, stating each position since you won't be asked to substantiate each line item in the personal history section with supporting documents.

What you can do additionally is add an LoE with all your employment records to explain your situation clearly without any ambiguity left.