+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment reference letter without paystubs

liunicv

Oct 5, 2015
Hi.
I was wondering is it okay to have only Employment reference letter.
I hold a job between 2010-2012 in China, I managed to get an Employment reference letter with salary on it this month.
But they cannot give me pay stubs related documents, and I have closed my debit card in China.
The only supporting document is my income tax slip in 2010-2012.

Is it okay to not include pay stubs?
Thanks

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
As long as your letter includes your job title, job duties, duration of employment, hours worked and salary you dont need to include any paystubs. Letter has to include company letterhead as well.

I only submitted the letters without any additional documents and never had any issues.

Reactions: Nimrod

KittYLoveCaD

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Lived in SK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liunicv said:
Hi.
I hold a job between 2010-2012 in China, I managed to get an Employment reference letter with salary on it this month.
But they cannot give me pay stubs related documents, and I have closed my debit card in China.

Thanks
Can you use the signed labour contract to prove your employment? All things were written there and they are likely meeting requirements of IRCC, PNP.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
KittYLoveCaD said:
Can you use the signed labour contract to prove your employment? All things were written there and they are likely meeting requirements of IRCC, PNP.
A contract would have to meet all the following criteria to be accepted:

a reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

KittYLoveCaD

Star Member
Mar 19, 2016
Lived in SK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
A contract would have to meet all the following criteria to be accepted:

a reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
Absolutely the contract have these critical requirements as also required by law for registered company. Due to fact that letter of employment is in some case hard to get, just submit it in lieu of the letter.

To be safe, check again information required by IRCC, PNP for the letter vs. the signed employment contract whether they were in place.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:
As long as your letter includes your job title, job duties, duration of employment, hours worked and salary you dont need to include any paystubs. Letter has to include company letterhead as well.

I only submitted the letters without any additional documents and never had any issues.

Hey Andre it's me again! lol

So i am getting a letter from my Canadian employer (I am CEC) with all the information you mentioned above, also i will provide T4 of the company and Notice of Assessment in the year I worked for the company. So I guess I don't need to provide additional pay stubs? Since there will be like almost 30 pages for all of them.

Also, I have the business card of my HR who wrote me the letter, do I just attach it on the empty space in the Reference Letter, or I upload the business card separately on a new page? ;D

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Andre_Smol said:

+1

But include the tax information you have there too just in case.

Andre_Smol

Dec 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
FSW Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
06-11-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2016
wenfeizh said:
Hey Andre it's me again! lol

So i am getting a letter from my Canadian employer (I am CEC) with all the information you mentioned above, also i will provide T4 of the company and Notice of Assessment in the year I worked for the company. So I guess I don't need to provide additional pay stubs? Since there will be like almost 30 pages for all of them.

Also, I have the business card of my HR who wrote me the letter, do I just attach it on the empty space in the Reference Letter, or I upload the business card separately on a new page? ;D
Hey wenfeizh, long time no see! :)

The letter from your employer, combined with T4s and Assessment is perfectly fine.
Just scan the business card and include it as a separate page in the same file, following your letter. You need to combine all the documents in one file you can upload anyway.

Make sure to read your letter after you get it to make sure all the required information is covered. Sometimes HR departments either forget something or follow their own guidelines for employment letters.

All the best!

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,
I'm replying to this old topic as I've just submitted my application for my PR but I haven't provided neither my paystubs or T4 for my current job - classified under NOC B..
Is there anyone who got decline for that? I guess that will depend of the agent as I could either be approved, declined without any reasons or asked to provide more documents.

Anyone in the same situation?

Thanks!
Michel

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
I just want to add that I've uploaded my job offer / reference letter with my duties, hours worked, salary and the period I've worked there.
The document is showing the company's name/address with the contact of the HR rep there.

PS: I know it's kind of stupid but it's done now and can't be modified so don't need to be hard on me!
I'm already freeking out.. :eek: :eek:

Thanks!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Andre_Smol said:

When you revive an old thread please read the replies. It's the same question the OP asked.

syedtaha

May 14, 2016
Hi Guys,

I have created my EE profile recently and waiting optimistically for an ITA. My questions are bit off-the topic (I hope you guys wont mind) Smiley

I am stuck in between counting years of experience. I've 1 year of experience as lecturer and 3.2 years as Planning Engineer. My Questions are:

1. For Planning Engineers which NOC is most relevant? (I've chosen Civil Engineer as I've Bachelor's degree in Civil and have been working in Construction Industry)
2. Can I select two different NOCs (NOC 4011 for Lecturer) & (Primary NOC 2131) for Planning Engineer experience?
3. Out of 3.2 years of Engineering experience I don't have reference letter from one company where I just worked for 8 months. However I have included this experience in my EE profile. Do you guys suggest deleting (8 months) experience since I am still able to claim maximum points for working experience. (1 year as Lecturer + 2.4 years as Planning Engineer)

Could anybody please advise.
Many Thanks.

PurpleTuzi

Star Member
May 26, 2016
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-11-2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
11-17-2016
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
10-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-01-2017
LANDED..........
10-03-2017
liunicv said:
Hi.

Thanks
I also worked in China and never received pay stubs. I submitted only employment letters and things seemed to have worked out fine. Good luck!

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PurpleTuzi said:
I also worked in China and never received pay stubs. I submitted only employment letters and things seemed to have worked out fine. Good luck!
nice.

try to see if you can add bank statement or anything of taht sort which can strengthen your profile... for ex : i worked in a company for 5 months once, i didnt have pay stubs so i sent my contract letter, bank statement for that period (to show salary credit) , and the standard experience letter which included job description...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
syedtaha said:
Hi Guys,

I have created my EE profile recently and waiting optimistically for an ITA. My questions are bit off-the topic (I hope you guys wont mind) Smiley

I am stuck in between counting years of experience. I've 1 year of experience as lecturer and 3.2 years as Planning Engineer. My Questions are:

1. For Planning Engineers which NOC is most relevant? (I've chosen Civil Engineer as I've Bachelor's degree in Civil and have been working in Construction Industry)
2. Can I select two different NOCs (NOC 4011 for Lecturer) & (Primary NOC 2131) for Planning Engineer experience?
3. Out of 3.2 years of Engineering experience I don't have reference letter from one company where I just worked for 8 months. However I have included this experience in my EE profile. Do you guys suggest deleting (8 months) experience since I am still able to claim maximum points for working experience. (1 year as Lecturer + 2.4 years as Planning Engineer)

Could anybody please advise.
Many Thanks.
you can always raise a new query :) but here goes anyway
#1 - no idea.. check the roles and responsibilities under each NOC and see what one suites you best... since i'm not even close to being an engineer, i cant answer.
# 2 - yes
# 3 - if you cant prove the 8 month experience with proper documents, best to remove it...
however, in the 2.4 yr experience im assuming you have min 1 year full time continuos work experience... thats a very basic minimum requirement to create EE profile.