+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment reference letter without paystubs

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
kryt0n said:
When you revive an old thread please read the replies. It's the same question the OP asked.
Thanks Kryt0n!
I was concerned because after reading it, in the uploading page it said "you must upload offer letter, paystubs, etc.."

So I am just trying to see if anyone else had any issue without..
I'm glad that it worked for those person and hope I'll be fine!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ktay said:
Thanks Kryt0n!
I was concerned because after reading it, in the uploading page it said "you must upload offer letter, paystubs, etc.."

It says reference letter and pay stubs, if you have them.

However you just mentioned offer letter, this is reference to work experience, I can't see what's asked for about the job offer you're claiming points for.

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ktay said:
Thanks Kryt0n!

it says " you must upload offer letter , Paystubs if you have them " , Trust me! i've been there done that :D ;). i don't see a reason for them to decline your Application based on this , most people don't bother with Pay stubs i personally have uploaded 1 pay stub for each year so 3 in total, Plus my T4's and reference letter and thats it .

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
Ktay said:
Thanks Kryt0n!

Hey Ktay, I too did not upload T4s or pay stubs. Don't know why you say "offer letter". If this is pertaining to a job offer you claimed points for, then I don't know. But if you mean Employment Record documents, where you prove your work experience, then yeah, I had opened a thread just about that earlier today. I am CEC and have only uploaded Reference letter and Service Canada's Record of Employment to prove it.

Ktay

Mar 23, 2015
raven00090 said:
Hey Ktay, I too did not upload T4s or pay stubs. Don't know why you say "offer letter". If this is pertaining to a job offer you claimed points for, then I don't know. But if you mean Employment Record documents, where you prove your work experience, then yeah, I had opened a thread just about that earlier today. I am CEC and have only uploaded Reference letter and Service Canada's Record of Employment to prove it.
OMG_Chakromakro said:
it says " you must upload offer letter , Paystubs if you have them " , Trust me! i've been there done that :D ;). i don't see a reason for them to decline your Application based on this , most people don't bother with Pay stubs i personally have uploaded 1 pay stub for each year so 3 in total, Plus my T4's and reference letter and thats it .
That's the point, I did not update any of those - neither paystubs nor T4s - for my current job.. :/
I only did for one of my previous work experience for which I claims points (I have added 7 other jobs but not related to my current positions so not giving me any points).

All I have to do now is to wait and pray I guess.. ??? ???

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
That's the point, I did not update any of those - neither paystubs nor T4s - for my current job.. :/
I only did for one of my previous work experience for which I claims points (I have added 7 other jobs but not related to my current positions so not giving me any points).

All I have to do now is to wait and pray I guess.. ??? ???

Hey,
I am in same boat. I don't have paystubs for my current or past jobs. did this workout well for you? I am about to submit the docs and kind of confused about should I only go ahead with Reference letter only or arrange for paystubs?

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
A contract would have to meet all the following criteria to be accepted:

a reference or experience letter from the employer

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and e-mail address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company);

should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
Hello,
I have read the thread and concluded that even if I do not submit any paystubs for current or past jobs. it should be fine.... is that right?

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I have read the thread and concluded that even if I do not submit any paystubs for current or past jobs. it should be fine.... is that right?
I didn't submit the pay stubs for my oversea job either. And my boss put the hour rate in the employment letter... I am hoping it will be alight...

florbv77

Nov 19, 2018
As long as your letter includes your job title, job duties, duration of employment, hours worked and salary you dont need to include any paystubs. Letter has to include company letterhead as well.

I only submitted the letters without any additional documents and never had any issues.
Hi! Just wondering if you have an idea if you still need to provide proof of employment with those past jobs that are not used as work experience in the program you're applying for? For example, you're claiming a one-year experience as Food Service Supervisor. You already have the documents for that. My question is, do you still need to provide proof of employment for your other past jobs like merchandiser or service crew? Both are not relevant to the one being applied for.

Devashish1224

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I didn't submit the pay stubs for my oversea job either. And my boss put the hour rate in the employment letter... I am hoping it will be alight...
Hey ! I was wondering that for my Indian experience I also didn’t uploaded any paystubs as I was paid in cash. I just uploaded an experience letter from my employer with all the details like title,hours , monthly salary and yearly salary and job duties like IRCC wants. I hope that works. What about you ? I know it’s been long but any update will be helpful

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Hello Guys,
Can you give update about your applications which was submitted with reference letter only.
did it get approved?
I am also going to submit with reference letter only as I dont have paystubs.

Please update your status.

Thank you

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hey ! I was wondering that for my Indian experience I also didn’t uploaded any paystubs as I was paid in cash. I just uploaded an experience letter from my employer with all the details like title,hours , monthly salary and yearly salary and job duties like IRCC wants. I hope that works. What about you ? I know it’s been long but any update will be helpful
Hello, could you please provide an update on your case? What did you end up doing?

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hello Guys,
Can you give update about your applications which was submitted with reference letter only.
did it get approved?
I am also going to submit with reference letter only as I dont have paystubs.

Please update your status.

Thank you
Hello, sorry to ask if you only submit the reference letter only? Mine was an RA job back in 2017 and I only had the experience letter from my supervisor.

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
Hello, sorry to ask if you only submit the reference letter only? Mine was an RA job back in 2017 and I only had the experience letter from my supervisor.
Actually I submitted Reference letter, Relieving letter, Promotion letters and offer letter containing my duties. I also added income tax statements with bank statements. however, no paystubs were added. it got approved. I will say try to get maximum letters or documents which can legitimate your job experience.

Reactions: ndoan95