+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letter - URGENT Help Needed (+1 Guaranteed)

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I heard that some people are rejected because of "copy-paste" of NOC duties from the website to the reference letters.

My NOC is 4012 (Research Technician/Research Assistant).
I have 2 reference letters, and they are on official university departmental letterheads, signed by 2 different professors (from 2 different departments). The letters contain professors' departmental info (in the letterhead), their email addresses and office numbers. These letters are from a Canadian university.

(Please also note that, the letters do not state the number of hours I worked and my salary, so I got a letter from the university's HR (Employment Verification Letter) and also my paystubs for each month of employment to show those details.

I am really worried about the 2nd paragraph (in red below) in each letter (they are the same for both letters). Would there be a concern for this, or would my application get rejected right away? They can verify both positions easily, as I worked at the university, and both the professors, the departments and HR can confirm my employment if CIC decides to call them.

Thank you in advance for your response.

--------------------------------------
Below are 2 reference letters:

(1)
To Whom It May Concern:
Mr. X worked in my laboratory as a full-time Research Assistant, From X to X. During that time, he used several techniques to advance our research, including Polymerase Chain Reaction (...) (and few more sentences about specific duties)

To accomplish the aforementioned tasks and objectives required X to conduct literature reviews and laboratory experiments. It also required X to compile and analyze resultant data, which will ultimately be incorporated into scholarly manuscripts I intend to submit to various Journals for publication. As such, I feel the designation "4012 - Post-secondary teaching and research assistants" most accurately captures the full umbrella of his responsibilities.

(2)
To Whom It May Concern:
Mr. X worked in my laboratory as a full-time Research Technician, From X to X. During that time, he used several techniques to advance our research, including performing experiments using fluorescence microscopy (...) (and few more sentences about specific duties)

To accomplish the aforementioned tasks and objectives required X to conduct literature reviews and laboratory experiments. It also required X to compile and analyze resultant data, which will ultimately be incorporated into scholarly manuscripts I intend to submit to various Journals for publication. As such, I feel the designation "4012 - Post-secondary teaching and research assistants" most accurately captures the full umbrella of his responsibilities.
----------------------------------------

Here is the NOC 4012 from the website:
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=4012&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.

Latas23

Apr 30, 2017
Hello,

I think it is a little risky to submit these letters with that exact words. In fact, they shouldn't write "As such, I feel the designation "4012 - Post-secondary teaching and research assistants" most accurately captures the full umbrella of his responsibilities." at all. It shows that they know about your intentions and It is obvious that they "copy/paste" some duties.

This is only my opinion, but I think you should ask them to rewrite the letters, using their own words, and avoiding too much similarities.

Let's see what others have to say about this. :)

I hope this helps!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
PCR!!! HELLO fellow researcher.. ;)

Better tell them to rephrase if you can.

can_indian

Apr 4, 2017
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
2175 / 6311
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
student7872014 said:
Hi everyone,

I heard that some people are rejected because of "copy-paste" of NOC duties from the website to the reference letters.

My NOC is 4012 (Research Technician/Research Assistant).
I have 2 reference letters, and they are on official university departmental letterheads, signed by 2 different professors (from 2 different departments). The letters contain professors' departmental info (in the letterhead), their email addresses and office numbers.

(Please also note that, the letters do not state the number of hours I worked and my salary, so I got a letter from the university's HR (Employment Verification Letter) and also my paystubs for each month of employment to show those details.

I am really worried about the 2nd paragraph (in red below) in each letter (they are the same for both letters). Would there be a concern for this, or would my application get rejected right away? They can verify both positions easily, as I worked at the university, and both the professors, the departments and HR can confirm my employment if CIC decides to call them.

Thank you in advance for your response.

--------------------------------------
Below are 2 reference letters:

(1)
To Whom It May Concern:
Mr. X worked in my laboratory as a full-time Research Assistant, From X to X. During that time, he used several techniques to advance our research, including Polymerase Chain Reaction (...) (and few more sentences about specific duties)

(2)
To Whom It May Concern:
Mr. X worked in my laboratory as a full-time Research Technician, From X to X. During that time, he used several techniques to advance our research, including performing experiments using fluorescence microscopy (...) (and few more sentences about specific duties)

----------------------------------------

Here is the NOC 4012 from the website:
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=4012&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4
Research assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct literature reviews, surveys, laboratory experiments and other research for use in scholarly publications
- Compile research results and assist professors in the analysis of results and the preparation of journal articles or papers.
No need to worry, since the professors work in the same university, they can issue reference letter with same format. It may look like they are following some university standards.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
can_indian said:
No need to worry, since the professors work in the same university, they can issue reference letter with same format. It may look like they are following some university standards.
I AGREE but considering some rejection horror stories better to be safe if u can.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Latas23 said:
Hello,

I think it is a little risky to submit these letters with that exact words. In fact, they shouldn't write "As such, I feel the designation "4012 - Post-secondary teaching and research assistants" most accurately captures the full umbrella of his responsibilities." at all. It shows that they know about your intentions and It is obvious that they "copy/paste" some duties.

This is only my opinion, but I think you should ask them to rewrite the letters, using their own words, and avoiding too much similarities.

Let's see what others have to say about this. :)

I hope this helps!
Thank you for your response.

Yes, they of course knew that they were writing this for my immigration purposes. Besides, I forgot to mention that these letters are from a Canadian university.
And, sometimes, apparently people get these letters addressed directly to "To the Government of Canada" etc.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
I AGREE but considering some rejection horror stories better to be safe if u can.
I forgot to mention in the original text. These letters are from a Canadian university. I will apply under CEC.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
student7872014 said:
I just added "Canadian university", as my work experience is from a Canadian university. Do you think that would make a difference?
Wait to see some more opinions. I wouldnt have a problem with this if all the requirements are met: job duties, work hours and salary with included contact, signed and on the letterhead.

student7872014

Jan 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
astralsource said:
Wait to see some more opinions. I wouldnt have a problem with this if all the requirements are met: job duties, work hours and salary with included contact, signed and on the letterhead.
I guess, I'll just go ahead with what I have and just submit the application.
University is a very credible organization and I am sure they can easily verify all the info I am providing them.

Thanks a lot fellow researcher :)

curious_academician

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I guess, I'll just go ahead with what I have and just submit the application.
University is a very credible organization and I am sure they can easily verify all the info I am providing them.

Thanks a lot fellow researcher :)
Did you get through? Did the officials undertake a check with your supervisor? How much time did it take?