+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Reference Letter - Please Help

kat_ngo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2016
I have a total of 9 years and 7 months of work experience under the same NOC.

1st job - 4 years and 4 months
2nd job - 5 months
3rd job - 2 years and 2 months
4th job - 2 years and 8 months
5th job - Joining a new company in June 2017

I have a reference letter from 1st, 2nd and 4th job while the 3rd company is not keen to give me a letter.

Can I just move the 3rd work experience to personal history and not claim points for that?
I will also put my new job under personal history as it is not convenient to as for a letter as a new joiner.

I believe that it won't affect my score since I will still have a total of 7 years and 5 months of work experience.

Would appreciate if you could advise me on this. Thank you!!!

mihirp83

Nov 8, 2014
Vadodara
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Delhi
Nomination.....
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
Med's Request
06-04-2016
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
08-05-2017

2nd job - 5 months

I have a reference letter from the 1st, 2nd and 4th job while the 3rd company is not keen to give me a letter.

Can I just move the 3rd work experience to personal history and not claim points for that?
I will also put my new job under personal history as it is not convenient to as for a letter as a new joiner.

I believe that it won't affect my score since I will still have a total of 7 years and 5 months of work experience.

It happens that a company will not give reference letter or in past, you have not taken experience certificate or not given by the company or whatever damn reason. When I applied my first company was already closed, the second company didn't give me experience certificate with duties mentioned in it and 3rd company didn't give me experience letter nor salary slip nothing......
What I did -
1) For roles/responsibilities/duties - I submitted an affidavit with details of it
2) For the company which didn't give me experience certificate - I submitted offer letter & ID card and an affidavit explaining why I don't have the certificate. Also to support my claim I added reference of two colleagues which were with me in the 3rd company along with their ID card, Offer letter and Contact details so that in a case of doubt they can verify my claims mentioned in the affidavit.

In short, Be true !!! In absence of valid documents get an affidavit done with reasonable justification/reasons.

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17

2nd job - 5 months

I have a reference letter from 1st, 2nd and 4th job while the 3rd company is not keen to give me a letter.

Hi,

This is perfectly fine. Enter 1, 2 AND 4 in your employment history and the rest into personal history. If you are submitting before June there is no need to mention number 5 in your application. Otherwise, you are good to go!

All the best