+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employment reference letter not dated!! Please help

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
Hi, congrats on getting PR. Just a follow up, do you mind sharing a gist of what did you put in your explanation letter? And your employment letter only missed an issuance date? The rest meets IRCC requirements (e.g., job duties, salary, work hours, etc)? Lastly, was the employment letter that’s review required from your current and ongoing employment or from previous work?
I had the same note on my GCMS saying that my employment letter was not dated.
Thank you!
Hi,

may I ask were you able to solve this problem. If so, how. Thank you for your help in advance

anakin23

Star Member
Oct 15, 2020
I did submit but asked HR to put in the original issue date in the letter. Since I do have some sort of table of contents (just to show which pages are my letters, salary slips etc) before my work experience letter, I added a statement to say that work reference letters were updated to show original issue date. Then submitted via webform.

This is from my previous work experience letter so updating it didn’t really affected my eligibility points since the core details were there in the first place. The officer didn’t even bother to review the updated reference letter as the only change is the date. I got PR in the end.
Thank you for your swift response. My experience was a former one and after I uploaded my document I realized that my employer forgot to add the issuance date. However, after I checked the mandatory requirements on IRCC official web page. It does not include the issuance date. (That is the main reason why I did realize after I uploaded my reference letter.) I do not know what to do to be honest. These are the mandatory requirements on IRCC web page.

he following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

The start and end date are included on the letter. What do you suggest I do?

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
What ended up happening with your reference letters? I also realized that one of my reference letters is missing the date of issuance. It was for work experience a couple of years ago though.

ashwinvsinha

Aug 12, 2020
Those experience points were excluded from the total CRS points claimed. Also for this particular employment section I got "Review required" from analyst review.
I had to submit an explanation letter with the new employment letter to get it resolved. I believe this "Review required" added couple of months of delay to application processing. After the "Review required" note was removed from the second officer .. I got my PR within 1 month.
I am in same situation, can you tell me how long it took to move from Review Required to Passed for eligibility... What was ur total processing time since AOR