+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment reference letter issue

Knight_Toto

Sep 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hi all,

I'm looking for some insights into the employment reference letter. To put it shortly, I have held 3 different positions over the 4 years I've been at the company. This means I have 3 different NOCs.

The HR first said I can provide a template and they will verify my responsibilities with departments heads/my managers and provide the letter. Now they've changed their mind and said that the responsibilities will be what's on the JD. Now anyone with a shred of common sense knows that JD and actual responsibilities are very different. My managers are vouching for what responsibilities I've held but HR is being difficult.

My current role (also my primary NOC) doesn't really have JD since I was the first to be hired at the level and I kind of built it myself. My question is - have people gotten their PR approved based on LoE for employment? I'm thinking of asking my HR to only provide the basic information (hours worked, annual salary, start/end dates, etc.) and not include the responsibilities since what they'll write will probably be a different NOC.

If I can provide an LoE with my responsibilities - can that work? Has this actually worked for people? Another possibility I am thinking of is asking HR just to write about my current responsibilities (primary NOC) and leave the rest and I can write a LoE for that.

Would appreciate any help with this! Thank you!