+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Records VS Letter of Employment (1 company)

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Any reply ?

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Guys , what if i am working in open work permit , but has valid PR supported job offer with positive LMIA.
I do get both records of employment and letter of employment in express entry profile . What should I upload
Please advise.

Thanks
What is the difference between the Letter of Employment and job offer and employment records??

if there is any difference please explain what to include in these letters.

Thanks

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Letter of employment is current employment , job offer is future job offer after getting PR supported by LMIA, and employment record is employment experience.

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Letter of employment is current employment , job offer is future job offer after getting PR supported by LMIA, and employment record is employment experience.
Thank you for your reply.

If i am working with one company on an employer-specific work permit. what kind of job offer they should provide me? I mean, the context of the job letter from the same company. i worked for a company for one year and now i got invitation under CEC with a job offer but i have the same job and it is the permanent fulltime and continuous job. Can i provide same job offer letter which they give me when i got hired the first time or i need to ask for a new job offer letter?

Please Advise
Thanks

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Thank you for your reply.

If i am working with one company on an employer-specific work permit. what kind of job offer they should provide me? I mean, the context of the job letter from the same company. i worked for a company for one year and now i got invitation under CEC with a job offer but i have the same job and it is the permanent fulltime and continuous job. Can i provide same job offer letter which they give me when i got hired the first time or i need to ask for a new job offer letter?

Please Advise
Thanks

Yes. You can provide a letter from the same company that you will be hired for at least 1 year after getting PR, As you are in closed work permit you can show same LMIA letter to show job offer (CRS:50) .

waipm2000

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Yes. You can provide a letter from the same company that you will be hired for at least 1 year after getting PR, As you are in closed work permit you can show same LMIA letter to show job offer (CRS:50) .
hi

thanks for your reply.

I do not have LMIA. I studied in Canada and got my Open work permit and after getting PNP under Non EE Catogory. I applied for work permit extension which went under my employer because i got PNP because of that job.

I only worked for one employer in Canada.

I got points for one year experience in Canada with the same company under NOC B. This is my permanent job. i got job offer points because i answered yes in job offer question in EE profile. I am doing the same job after the invitation.

My Question is:

CIC ask me for work experience letter for one year. which i can provide by getting a reference letter from the same company and payslips. but they are also asking for a job offer letter. now my confusion is that what my employer should mention in this letter and the content and date of that letter issued??
because i am already working for them. how come they can give me another job offer as i am already employed with them? I have good relations with my employer so they are ready to wrtie anything for me but what to write and in what content is a problem?

Can someone help me please??

Thanks

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
hi

thanks for your reply.

I do not have LMIA. I studied in Canada and got my Open work permit and after getting PNP under Non EE Catogory. I applied for work permit extension which went under my employer because i got PNP because of that job.

I only worked for one employer in Canada.

I got points for one year experience in Canada with the same company under NOC B. This is my permanent job. i got job offer points because i answered yes in job offer question in EE profile. I am doing the same job after the invitation.

My Question is:

CIC ask me for work experience letter for one year. which i can provide by getting a reference letter from the same company and payslips. but they are also asking for a job offer letter. now my confusion is that what my employer should mention in this letter and the content and date of that letter issued??
because i am already working for them. how come they can give me another job offer as i am already employed with them? I have good relations with my employer so they are ready to wrtie anything for me but what to write and in what content is a problem?

Can someone help me please??

Thanks
So you made mistake during express entry fill up. You are in open work permit so its not closed work permit and your work permit is not supported with LMIA. So the answer of question do you have valid job has to be No.

Last edited:

cookiesand

Jan 19, 2019
So you made mistake during express entry fill up. You are in open work permit so its not closed work permit and your work permit is not supported with LMIA. So the answer of question do you have valid job has to be No.
Yes, Karki is right.
I am also in the same situation. On PGWP and put that valid job offer as YES. But changed after ITA to NO and you no longer have to upload the reference letter and all.
So I would suggest changing the Valid Offer to NO from YES.

Arup Halder

Feb 4, 2017
Hi all,

Being in this same situation, I changed my answer for the Valid Offer to NO from YES
Saved the application
Previewed my score
The score remained the same.
However,
The upload documents section no more contained the 'Offer of Employment' & 'Employment Letter' sections.

Hope this helps everyone who is concerned regarding points decreasing after changing answer for the Valid Offer to NO from YES.

I haven't yet submitted the invitation yet. Will keep all posted here with my application progress.

SophiaLuo

Nov 27, 2019
Hi all,

Being in this same situation, I changed my answer for the Valid Offer to NO from YES
Saved the application
Previewed my score
The score remained the same.
However,
The upload documents section no more contained the 'Offer of Employment' & 'Employment Letter' sections.

Hope this helps everyone who is concerned regarding points decreasing after changing answer for the Valid Offer to NO from YES.

I haven't yet submitted the invitation yet. Will keep all posted here with my application progress.
The same boat with you! Have your application got received smoothly?

krio1

Dec 16, 2019
So I called Cic agent today over the phone. After he asked someone, he said that technically application account is frozen, but if we change information there and see no point difference, we can proceed with explanation letter of why we change it... It is very important to include explanation letter. So this is what we will do. Agent also confirmed that no proof offunds needed under CEC, however we have tomention that in explanation letter as well.

wahab.k

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Folks,

I worked in a company as a Supervisor first and then promoted to manager position. I am about to submit application for Permanent residency. For that, I received letter of employment from the company. Should I use the same letter as Employment Record for "Supervisor and "Manager" work experience.

Hello! I'm in the same boat as you, got promoted while at the same company. Did you submit the same letter (that had both roles outlined) twice?