+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Records - Proof of money received

psy347

Aug 6, 2018
Hi, I was working with a salary of around 10k per month in India. I received cash by-hand, and there are months were I have received them in advance per request. Since the money was mostly used for monthly rations and such there was no regular saving. There were receipts for the salary, but I never kept it. Didn't saw them as important. Also can't get carbon copy of the said stubs. What are my options to show the VISA Officer that I was a paid employee.

Is it okay to ask my previous employers to provide a letter stating received annual salary plus benefits. If they include details like I took cash even before the service was rendered...will it affect my application negatively.

Last edited:

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi, I was working with a salary of around 10k per month in India. I received cash by-hand, and there are months were I have received them in advance per request. Since the money was mostly used for monthly rations and such there was no regular saving. There were receipts for the salary, but I never kept it. Didn't saw them as important. Also can't get carbon copy of the said stubs. What are my options to show the VISA Officer that I was a paid employee.

Is it okay to ask my previous employers to provide a letter stating annual salary plus benefits. If they include details like I took cash even before the service was rendered will it affect my appliication negatively.
No. You are actually.required to have your salary mentioned on your reference letter anyways, cash or not cash.
Check the requirements

Reactions: psy347

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
they might or might not ask for proof of pay, depends on several factors. if yours is a well known company and comes up on online searches and your letter of experience is in the format requested and signed by HR then they will not ask for pay slips. seeing how your company paid you in cash and a very low amount i dont think you qualify for the free pass.

psy347

Aug 6, 2018
they might or might not ask for proof of pay, depends on several factors. if yours is a well known company and comes up on online searches and your letter of experience is in the format requested and signed by HR then they will not ask for pay slips. seeing how your company paid you in cash and a very low amount i dont think you qualify for the free pass.
depends on several factors - like ?; qualify for the free pass - meaning ?

Reactions: kushagra452