macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

What you guys provide in case of self-employed for Employment Records?

Anybody?

Thank you in advance

macast

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Yellowknife
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody with Self employed records in work history? What do you guys upload in the forms?

andy pitcher

Jan 30, 2015
We are in the same boat. I talked to a lawyer and the reply was that it's hard to prove. The lawyer also said that if invoices billed by an hourly rate it may qualify.

If anyone here is knowledgeable please share your thoughts on this subject.

eeuser

Feb 2, 2015
If you guys can get written letters from companies for whom you worked as a contractor or freelancer or being a self employed, I think that should work, provided those letters clearly states the time that you worked for.

f1ahmed

Nov 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-2016
LANDED..........
18-02-2016
andy pitcher said:
We are in the same boat. I talked to a lawyer and the reply was that it's hard to prove. The lawyer also said that if invoices billed by an hourly rate it may qualify.

If anyone here is knowledgeable please share your thoughts on this subject.
Hi Guys, I have found it in the document checklist of FSW before EE, it might help you:

Note: Self-employed individuals must provide documentation from 3rd party individual(s) indicating the service
provided along with payment details. Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable evidence of
work experience.

andy pitcher

Jan 30, 2015
f1ahmed thanks a lot!

I can get letters from my clients but I have one question. If I worked full-time (40h/week) for one client and then part-time (20-30h/week) for another client. How does it count as one or combined by hours worked?

ps. I understand that there is no such thing as FT or PT when self-employed. Just to describe better in what situation I am.
pps. My duties are clearly stated in my contracts.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in same boat.

I was working for my business in home country for 2 years, but i dnt have any pay slip because i get the salary by pay cheque and i do not file taxes because i fall under the category of low wage income. For example In India if your annual salary is 165000 then there is no need to file taxes and people earning more than 180000 will file tax.

Any other way? With the help of these 2 years i am eligible for FSW

andy pitcher

Jan 30, 2015
Oh, I was talking about being self-employed in Canada and still qualify for FSW.

As far as I know self-employed abroad is even harder to proof than self-employed in Canada.

Apr 15, 2015
f1ahmed said:
Hi Guys, I have found it in the document checklist of FSW before EE, it might help you:

Note: Self-employed individuals must provide documentation from 3rd party individual(s) indicating the service
provided along with payment details. Self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable evidence of
work experience.
Bro what does it mean by 3rd party individuals here? like the documentation from the companies you have provided your services too? or lawyer or accountant? who can be this 3rd party individual ?

I am in the same boat as you guys, I was in employment and than I started my own company with partnership in UK. And been self employed since past couple of years. Would they also need tax returns, Corporate tax and other company details too ?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have an ITA and one of my jobs when I first came to Canada was freelance. I got a letter stating the tasks for which I was paid, the number of hours I worked, and the hourly pay rate and hours worked from the company owner, on her letterhead (luckily, I freelanced for only one company). I combined that with my invoices to her and my tax form showing self-employment income for that year into a .pdf and uploaded it to my application.

topian

Apr 6, 2017
andy pitcher said:
Oh, I was talking about being self-employed in Canada and still qualify for FSW.

As far as I know self-employed abroad is even harder to proof than self-employed in Canada.

hell0 Andy,

just wondering if you were successful in applying and getting approved with self employed work experience within Canada?

i have a similar situation

ramonvilla

Nov 3, 2017
I am in same boat.

I was working for my business in home country for 2 years, but i dnt have any pay slip because i get the salary by pay cheque and i do not file taxes because i fall under the category of low wage income. For example In India if your annual salary is 165000 then there is no need to file taxes and people earning more than 180000 will file tax.

Hi Jaiveer, I see that you got your PR! Can you share with us with documents you submitted as proof of work?

Thanks!

fazilasadiq

Dec 30, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-05-2018
I am in same boat.

how did you show your income ? please help me I am a freelance photographer and get paid in cash. what other documents did you attached to prove your work and income?