NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9-Sep-2015 - LAA received
Doc's Request.
Full Application Submitted - On 25-Sep-2015
Dear All,

I would like to Know about current Employment opportunity in Manitoba. Senior Member and recently moved immigrant could enlighte with On Ground Situation would be highly appreciate. Any Suggestion news and update would help to all new comer.

Thanks You In advance

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
I am asking in General,I have read in different thread that many people are claiming they are strangling at the moment and not able to find a job after relocating in different provinces so worried about the recent situation. :'( I am from Geoscience background.

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
nobody relocating Manitoba :-X :mad:

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nick111 said:
nobody relocating Manitoba :-X :mad:
Nick, there are no "jobs" in Canada , in a sense that there used to be.
Back in the years there were "jobs", everywhere, all you had to do was to apply and you would be called for interviews and receive at least one or two firm offers.

I am not saying there are no jobs in Canada whatsoever, but nowadays it's more like in India. You have to know well someone inside who can pull the strings and help you get hired OR you have to have some rare skill/credentials that set you apart from hundreds of other applicants. It's my understanding that every half decent job today gets up to 300 applicants (200 being common), and people with very advanced degrees apply for jobs that shouldn't even require bachelors' degree. That's the reality. And that's the main reason why it feels like you are throwing your resumes into a back hole when you send one to companies out there.

The only bright spot currently is the blue collar industry (or so it was until recently, as reported by members on this forum).
If you move to Alberta or to any region where there is a lot of construction is going on you might easily land an apprentice or laborer job. If you have a skilled trade (like ability to operate a crane), you may also be able to get a relatively high paying job quickly.

I don't discuss 'survival' jobs (which I guess are still plenty and available if you apply in person), because I don't believe any FSW applicant in their right mind dreams of getting into Canada for the sake of a survival job.

So, to sum it up: there are no jobs. Me and my spouse have sent hundreds of our resumes all over Ontario and are yet to hear from one company that would schedule an interview.

If you still have time to meet your RO you may want to stay out of Canada and wait, in hopes their economy will get better before you fail your residency obligation.

If you are very young and single I guess it's ok to try your luck for the sake of adventure, but if you are mature, have family and children be careful. Economy in North-Western hemisphere is in very bad shape.
Economy-wise we are (US and Canada) where Mexico and South America were 20-30 years ago.

Good luck

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Dear David,

Thanks a lot, I can understand the current situation. defiantly we(I) am not looking for blue collar job where at present working on highly skill job. Since many of are in there 30 and 40's and looking for quality life not spoiling there time and money if sum is negative After all its individual choice even after survival job if you could find the skill work should be fine.

I read in other posts people are straggling,no jobs and nervous many of us trying with positively, but at this moment totally confuse. as you mention there is no jobs and each year Canada adding more the 250k people :eek: dot know what will happen.. any ways keep trying to be positive and wish for better economy. senior member within Canada could put there thought would be appreciate.

Thanks David

omoba7

Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-13
david1697 said:
Nick, there are no "jobs" in Canada , in a sense that there used to be.
Back in the years there were "jobs", everywhere, all you had to do was to apply and you would be called for interviews and receive at least one or two firm offers.

I am not saying there are no jobs in Canada whatsoever, but nowadays it's more like in India. You have to know well someone inside who can pull the strings and help you get hired OR you have to have some rare skill/credentials that set you apart from hundreds of other applicants. It's my understanding that every half decent job today gets up to 300 applicants (200 being common), and people with very advanced degrees apply for jobs that shouldn't even require bachelors' degree. That's the reality. And that's the main reason why it feels like you are throwing your resumes into a back hole when you send one to companies out there.

The only bright spot currently is the blue collar industry (or so it was until recently, as reported by members on this forum).
If you move to Alberta or to any region where there is a lot of construction is going on you might easily land an apprentice or laborer job. If you have a skilled trade (like ability to operate a crane), you may also be able to get a relatively high paying job quickly.

I don't discuss 'survival' jobs (which I guess are still plenty and available if you apply in person), because I don't believe any FSW applicant in their right mind dreams of getting into Canada for the sake of a survival job.

So, to sum it up: there are no jobs. Me and my spouse have sent hundreds of our resumes all over Ontario and are yet to hear from one company that would schedule an interview.

If you still have time to meet your RO you may want to stay out of Canada and wait, in hopes their economy will get better before you fail your residency obligation.

If you are very young and single I guess it's ok to try your luck for the sake of adventure, but if you are mature, have family and children be careful. Economy in North-Western hemisphere is in very bad shape.
Economy-wise we are (US and Canada) where Mexico and South America were 20-30 years ago.

Good luck
This is very correct. Alberta was booming when i arrived early last year. But now the province is about to enter a recession because of the falling oil price. A lot of people are scared of losing their jobs.

Even in times of boom, professional jobs are not easy to come by as Canadian themselves study a lot so the competition is tough.

Nick111 said:
Dear All,

I would like to Know about current Employment opportunity in Manitoba. Senior Member and recently moved immigrant could enlighte with On Ground Situation would be highly appreciate. Any Suggestion news and update would help to all new comer.

Thanks You In advance
I don't live in Manitoba but my friends living there via pnp are all working in care jobs. They are both professionals from their home countries. They believe they need to go back to Canadian college or a Canadian uni before they can get professional jobs. But then again, i have seen people with degrees in engineering move to Alberta to search for jobs too as they claim there are no jobs in Manitoba.

But then cases are different, i am sure some would still find professional jobs without much stress.
Nick111 said:
Dear David,

Thanks a lot, I can understand the current situation. defiantly we(I) am not looking for blue collar job where at present working on highly skill job. Since many of are in there 30 and 40's and looking for quality life not spoiling there time and money if sum is negative After all its individual choice even after survival job if you could find the skill work should be fine.

I read in other posts people are straggling,no jobs and nervous many of us trying with positively, but at this moment totally confuse. as you mention there is no jobs and each year Canada adding more the 250k people :eek: dot know what will happen.. any ways keep trying to be positive and wish for better economy. senior member within Canada could put there thought would be appreciate.

Thanks David
After studying the situation here in Alberta even in the booming economy period, I realized that what Canada really needs are survival job workers(tim hortons, walmart, mcdonalds e.t.c plenty of vacancies) and skilled trades people but not highly educated skilled professionals with bsc, msc and phd.

Nick111

Apr 8, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
omoba7 said:
This is very correct. Alberta was booming when i arrived early last year. But now the province is about to enter a recession because of the falling oil price. A lot of people are scared of losing their jobs.

Even in times of boom, professional jobs are not easy to come by as Canadian themselves study a lot so the competition is tough.

I don't live in Manitoba but my friends living there via pnp are all working in care jobs. They are both professionals from their home countries. They believe they need to go back to Canadian college or a Canadian uni before they can get professional jobs. But then again, i have seen people with degrees in engineering move to Alberta to search for jobs too as they claim there are no jobs in Manitoba.

But then cases are different, i am sure some would still find professional jobs without much stress.After studying the situation here in Alberta even in the booming economy period, I realized that what Canada really needs are survival job workers(tim hortons, walmart, mcdonalds e.t.c plenty of vacancies) and skilled trades people but not highly educated skilled professionals with bsc, msc and phd.
Dear OMOBA7

Thank you for your inputs. The thing is, not only Canada, It seem global economy are straggling. Moreover Due to Oil price and metal price down Australia also facing the same problem. so we all could wait for better economy worldwide.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
After reading all these post, I guess there's only one thing left for me to say. Any experienced structural engineers out there, please immigrate to INDIA ASAP. I'll offer you employment. :D

JambCajulao

Feb 28, 2015
Good day!
I am Philipp from the Philippines and as of the moment,me and my wife are currently in the process of submitting our profile in the Citizenship in Canada(CIC) pool in compliance with the newly implemented Express Entry Program.Based on our qualifications and work experience our Consultancy firm(Campbell-Cohen) have suggested that we apply through the Federal Skilled Worker Program(FSWP) category.

Our consultancy also suggested that our invitation to apply for residency would be granted faster if either me or my wife can find an employer.In line with that we would like to seek your assistance in securing a job offer ideally in Calgary(but other areas would also be considered) or suggesting a reputable Employment agency who could aid us in our cause.My work experience has been being a Retail Supervisor in a Health and Beauty shop(Aug.2013-Dec.2014) and a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative(Dec.2006-July 2013).My wife on the other hand is a registered nurse in Singapore(Aug.2008-present) and in the Philippines(May 2007-July 2008).
Kindly give us feedback regarding our concern at your soonest time of convenience via my this forum or via my email philippbenjamincajulao @ yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless!

Omofar

Jul 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omoba7 said:

But then cases are different, i am sure some would still find professional jobs without much stress.After studying the situation here in Alberta even in the booming economy period, I realized that what Canada really needs are survival job workers(tim hortons, walmart, mcdonalds e.t.c plenty of vacancies) and skilled trades people but not highly educated skilled professionals with bsc, msc and phd.
Wow Omoba7!, your post is quite challenging and its giving me a new perspective.

I am really rethinking this move. If I were making this move probably 10 years ago, I wouldn't be bothered because I would have had age on my side, but now -hmm- not so sure anymore.

While I am very aware that the name of the game as an immigrant is the ability to adapt and create better opportunities for my family (my kids in particular), I guess it might still be worth the try, but I get your message. It would be better to tread with caution.

Many thanks to you and David1697 for the words of caution