+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Hi this is Sherry and its my first post over here, i will be applying soon for the CEC , so please if you guys can help me if my employment letter looks good to apply for CEC or if it needs any modifications.Also if the job duties match the one provided on the CIC Website.

User support technicians perform some or all of the following duties:(As on CIC Website)

Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced

Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions

Emulate or reproduce technical problems encountered by users

Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties

Provide business systems, network and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties

Collect, organize and maintain a problems and solutions log for use by other technical support analysts

Participate in the redesign of applications and other software

May supervise other technical support workers in this group.

Emloyment Letter

Company Address,phone,fax,Logo

February 25, 2014

RE: Verification of Employment of <Name>

To Whom It May Concern,

Please accept this letter as confirmation of employment of <Name>. <Name> is employed with <employer>., as a <client name> in <City,Province> supporting their <name of account > under the job title of Help Desk Analyst (NOC 2282). He is currently working as a full time employee since <Start Date> untill now as <Title of Job>. He works 40 hours per week and is earning $16.50 per hour with a 4% vacation pay out on each cheque, with a annual Salary of $XXXX.
His main duties and responsibilities from <Start Date> till date were as follows:

Provide first-level contact to end users experiencing hardware, software related issues by communicating over the phone and via emails to determine, solve and document problems.
Help other technical support agents in the team.
Utilizing resources such as Knowledge bases, user guides, technical manuals and online resources to research and solve problems encountered by end users.
Emulate or Reproduce technical problems encountered by users.
Provide advice and instructions to the computer users to find and solve technical problems.
Record, organize and maintain problems and solutions logs for other technical support agents using ticketing tools and call tracking system.
Provide business systems, network and Internet support to computer users and help in resolving technical difficulties.
Consult with team leaders, operatives and third parties together in formation and resolve issues.

I trust this to be the information you require. Should further information be needed, please feel free to contact me at XXXXXXXXX

Manager Title ,phone, signature,email

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
Letter format looks good to me. It includes all it should. As of Job duties I am not sure as not familiar with your job.

optimus

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
Sherry_goraya said:
Thanks Ferna for the reply, Can someone help with the duties please
Two things
1. Why the mention about <client name> required? I dont think it is necessary. Employer name is sufficient.
2. Why it is being signed by your Manager? Why not the Company HR / proper designate ?

Regarding the duties,
Exact same words are being used, "Emulate or Reproduce technical problems encountered by users."
Try to put it in your own words which is relevant to your day to day work. No need to put word by word the same duties as mentioned in cic. Just my opinion and the way I prepared it.

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
My sample letter:

Date

Attention: Citizenship and Immigration Canada

RE: Letter of Employment – XXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX is a regular full-time employee of XXX and has been employed with the company since XXX. XXX joined the company as XXX (NOC 2282) with an annual salary of $X0,000 which is paid bi-weekly.

Below are his job details and conditions:

Current Position: XXX (NOC 2282).
Type of Job: Full Time.
Hours of Work: Minimum of 40 hours a week.
Current Salary: $ X0,000 per annum, paid bi-weekly.
Vacation: 3 weeks per year.
Benefits: Dental, Vision and Health.

As a XXX his responsibilities include but are not limited to:

• Provide client support and technical issue resolution to end users experiencing hardware, software related issues by means of desktop support, inbound/outbound telephone calls and communicate via e-mails in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensure that all customer interactions are thoroughly documented within the ticketing system for future references.
• Utilize resources such as user guides, technical manuals, Knowledgebase, websites and help desk tools to locate solutions to known and unknown problems.
• Create lab environment using different type of servers to simulate and reproduce technical issues experienced by the customers.
• Troubleshoot and provide root cause analysis to enterprise customers on their hardware, software and network issues.
• Troubleshoot application server, monitor logs and conclude the troubleshooting before escalating to Development team/Defect Review team.
• Work with sustaining team to identify potential defects and bugs in the product, and propose a viable workaround or a permanent solution.
• Educate customers on new releases and/or possible updates on their products.
• Educate partners and customers with software/hardware best practices and documentation on correct procedures
• Help Tier 2 and Tier 3 Technical support team diagnose and resolve technical issues.
• Follow the SLAs (Service Level Agreement) given by the company and the clients.

Since his hiring XXX has proven himself as one of the highly valued employees in the company. Should you require any information/confirmation regarding his employment, please do not hesitate to contact me at XXX or at email: XXX
Sincere Regards,

Manager

hope this was helpful and I would really appreciate if you ONLY use this as a reference....

Good luck !!!

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
optimus said:
Two things
1. Why the mention about <client name> required? I dont think it is necessary. Employer name is sufficient.
2. Why it is being signed by your Manager? Why not the Company HR / proper designate ?

Regarding the duties,
Exact same words are being used, "Emulate or Reproduce technical problems encountered by users."
Try to put it in your own words which is relevant to your day to day work. No need to put word by word the same duties as mentioned in cic. Just my opinion and the way I prepared it.
Thanks for the reply
The person who is signing the letter for me , is the responsible office/supervisor for me and i believe CEC doesnt asks for the company HR to sign the letter.
Secondly its just one or two duties which i have mentioned exact as on the website after going through the forums where someone suggested to put couple of duties exact.
Thanks though for going through my post

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Sherry_goraya said:
Thanks for the reply
The person who is signing the letter for me , is the responsible office/supervisor for me and i believe CEC doesnt asks for the company HR to sign the letter.
Secondly its just one or two duties which i have mentioned exact as on the website after going through the forums where someone suggested to put couple of duties exact.
Thanks though for going through my post
My letter was signed by my manager and there was no mention of client/customer... I think you shld get rid of <client>

its not needed as optimus mentioned...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sherry_goraya said:
Hi this is Sherry and its my first post over here, i will be applying soon for the CEC , so please if you guys can help me if my employment letter looks good to apply for CEC or if it needs any modifications.Also if the job duties match the one provided on the CIC Website.
Your draft letter looks fine. It covers all the required details, and the job duties are appropriate for the NOC. It is also appropriate that it is signed by your direct supervisor/manager.

As for the "client" issue - it sounds like your actual location of employment is different from the your employer's location, is this correct? If so, it is entirely appropriate (and truthful) to indicate that you are working offsite for a client. It is possible that CIC will later request some documentation from the client, but I can't guess as to the chance of that. In any case, that is a better alternative than getting caught in a potential "misrepresentation..."

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
jes_ON said:
Your draft letter looks fine. It covers all the required details, and the job duties are appropriate for the NOC. It is also appropriate that it is signed by your direct supervisor/manager.

As for the "client" issue - it sounds like your actual location of employment is different from the your employer's location, is this correct? If so, it is entirely appropriate (and truthful) to indicate that you are working offsite for a client. It is possible that CIC will later request some documentation from the client, but I can't guess as to the chance of that. In any case, that is a better alternative than getting caught in a potential "misrepresentation..."
Hello Jes_ON . Thanks for your reply and you are correct my employer(Employment Agency) is based in Toronto and i am working for their Client(IBM) here in Edmonton Alberta. So i believe you are saying that i should mention the client name in the letter.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Sherry_goraya said:
Hello Jes_ON . Thanks for your reply and you are correct my employer(Employment Agency) is based in Toronto and i am working for their Client(IBM) here in Edmonton Alberta. So i believe you are saying that i should mention the client name in the letter.
Well, if your employer letter is coming from Toronto and your address is in Edmonton, there will be questions if it doesn't. :)

Many people have handled this by submitting both an employer and a client letter (or you could wait and see if CIC asks for it). I would just ask you if you feel there's someone at your client's workplace that you feel comfortable in asking or whether it's awkward.

Sherry_goraya

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
jes_ON said:
Well, if your employer letter is coming from Toronto and your address is in Edmonton, there will be questions if it doesn't. :)

Many people have handled this by submitting both an employer and a client letter (or you could wait and see if CIC asks for it). I would just ask you if you feel there's someone at your client's workplace that you feel comfortable in asking or whether it's awkward.
I dont think so , IBM would provide me with a employment letter as my employer is employment agency and all my pay cheques are coming from them. And i have a friend who has the same profile as me and he had applied for the AINP, got approved,applied federal and now got medicals as well.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
my reference letter:

Private & Confidential

To Whom It May Concern:

This is to confirm that XXXX has been employed XXXX since October 16, 2012 as a Merchandiser (NOC 6222) in our XXXXXX Department. He started as part-time merchandiser and on July 28, 2013, was promoted to full-time merchandiser. He currently works average 28 hours per week at the rate of XXXX per hour which giving him an annual salary of XXXX

During his employment with us, he is responsible for the following duties:

- Maintaining store inventories and forecasting customer demands

- Analyze market trends to stay abreast of what is selling currently and what may be selling in the future

- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers

- Schedule deliveries to the retail stores

- Select merchandises to boost the sales of store

- Maintain stock report on weekly and bi-weekly basis

- Liaising with other employees about sales performances

- Order merchandise base on sales and market trends

- Planogram adjustment and updates

- Ensure no expired products on sales floor

- Ensure products are replenished on shelves in a timely manner

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to call me at XXXX

Yours truly,

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Your letter is good. However, does the "employment agency" basically find contractors and connect them to clients? Who pays you and would you be receiving a T4?

The reason I'm asking is that I have done contract work and similarly for a company which paid very well and issued reference letters too, however from CRA's perspective, after much discussion over the phone this was deemed Self-employment. CIC might look at it differently though since the spirit of the law is the skill-set and not the contractual details.

Also, I' glad to hear IBM is cooperating. When I worked with them, their answer to any immigration related requests was two letters: NO. Managers did write their own letters for employees but of course not on behalf of IBM and not on official letterhead.