+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment letter of a dissolved company?

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sending out my CEC application in weeks and have been working in the same company for my CEC-required year.
However, during the year my boss switched everyone of us to another company which is chaired by his wife. We signed a new contract, with same title, same wage and benefits, just a different company name.

According to my boss, the old company has dissolved and no long exist.

I supposed I need two employment letters under two different companies, so here are my questions:

- The date of the employment letter of the old company should be the last day of the company (ie Dec 31, 2013)? Will it be not recent enough?
- Since I actually work in the same office, do same duties and have the same title, wage and benefits, to make things easier for my boss, can the two letters carry the same content, just on different company letterheads?

Thanks!!! :)

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also I have received pay rise during the year, should that be mentioned in the employment letter too, so that everything matches with the T4 and NOA?

Thanks!

GHD1213

Nov 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
AOR Received.
29-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
21-03-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
The date of old boss should be the date when co got dissolved. And, for the letters, yes, I think you should get 2 letters though the contents are the same.

Nowadays, seems it is the norm that CIC did web based search as a basic approach to verify the existence of the company, if they could not find it by googling it, the file would be put under review. You can search the forum, it happened to some members. Therefore, I would suggest you write an explanation letter to clarify and provide relevant legal documents of the old co such as offering memorandum, company registrar, dissolving notice filed in register office etc. also, you can give your old boss personal contact No and business card if any. it would be even better if your old boss can mention and explain that the company is gone corresponding to your explanation letter along with supporting documents.

I don't think the letter need to mention the pay rise if not material difference to T4 and NOA. Mine was the same, but my letter did not mention it and there was a few hundred difference, but I wad not requested for additional info. Bear in mind, one of the reason why T4 and NOA are requested is to verify you did have one full year exp in Canada.

Hope the above helps.