+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment Letter & IRPA

ninikash

Jun 8, 2014
Hi,
I recieved an email from the CPC Ottawa stating my application might not meet the criteria.

The case officer has specifically indicated about an employment letter, and states the provided by me in support of the job details and I quote

"I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonable requires.

Specifically, I have concerns with the employment letter(s) dated <somedate>, from <My company name> which you have provided in support of your application. This letter of employment has been signed by senior Executive –Human Resource. As such, I am not satisfied that you perform the duties of the declared NOC in Canada"

Further it states that I have the opportunity to respond to this information. within 60 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information in this regard.

If I do not respond to this request within 60 days, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of my application

I am not sure what is missing or what went wrong. What should be next step of action? What additional information should I be providing.

Please let me know ,

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
So why was the VO not satisfied??

grosstrack

Star Member
Dec 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Mar-2014
AOR Received.
24-Mar-2014
who signed on the reference letter that you provided to CIC? was that on the company letter head? what apart from the reference letter did you provide? what is your NOC code.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
So, is the VO implying that a senior exec is to far up the org chart to be able to verify your duties? It's a weird assumption if that's all that is causing doubt.

How big is your emoloyer? If it was IBM and you are just a software developer then it could be a bit odd that VP of HR is signing your reference. If it's a small or mid-sized company then not as suspicious.

What do you do? How long have you done it for? How many people does your company employ?

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
you need to provide us with more info so we can help you, what kind of job you are doing and what kind of company is it? did you submit T4, NOA, paystubs, etc????

ninikash

Jun 8, 2014
Hi,

So, is the VO implying that a senior exec is to far up the org chart to be able to verify your duties? It's a weird assumption if that's all that is causing doubt.

How big is your emoloyer? If it was IBM and you are just a software developer then it could be a bit odd that VP of HR is signing your reference. If it's a small or mid-sized company then not as suspicious.

What do you do? How long have you done it for? How many people does your company employ?

you need to provide us with more info so we can help you, what kind of job you are doing and what kind of company is it? did you submit T4, NOA, paystubs, etc?
Hi , the letter provided was on a company letter head formally requested, and undersigned by my HR manager. . I do not knw if it was the content in it as I dont think VO is implying its about the HR sign. There was no misrepresentation in the letter .. I had filled in a template . .but no where on letter my NOC number is stated. Could that be a problem? From my work permit I fall under 2174, and the details there more or less match the specs. My employer is mid sized .. i,e 35 thousand + emplyess and the signature is of the HR manger from INDIA. Would be a cause for concern?. I have provide Record of Employment, t4 and few stubs too..Not sure what VO found not relavant.

Camq

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Doc's Request.
03-2015--PCC
AOR Received.
07-2014
Med's Request
01-2015
Passport Req..
10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-2015
LANDED..........
11-2015
Letter could be sign by HR manager, Operational manager, etc. My main concerns is job duties. Can you please send the copy of your job duties you have provided?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
ninikash said:
Hi,
Hi , the letter provided was on a company letter head formally requested, and undersigned by my HR manager. . I do not knw if it was the content in it as I dont think VO is implying its about the HR sign. There was no misrepresentation in the letter .. I had filled in a template . .but no where on letter my NOC number is stated. Could that be a problem? From my work permit I fall under 2174, and the details there more or less match the specs. My employer is mid sized .. i,e 35 thousand + emplyess and the signature is of the HR manger from INDIA. Would be a cause for concern?. I have provide Record of Employment, t4 and few stubs too..Not sure what VO found not relavant.

The VO speaks of a Senior HR Exec in his email. You say an HR manager. Did they both sign it?

It kind of makes sense that a Senior HR Exec from India can not attest to duties performed by an employee in Canada, particularly when there are 35000 employees in total.

Anyway, I can't see anything else in the quoted parts you posted.

ninikash

Jun 8, 2014
Camq said:
Letter could be sign by HR manager, Operational manager, etc. My main concerns is job duties. Can you please send the copy of your job duties you have provided?
Can you provide me an email id to which i can send it?

@thisisauser
The letter was signed by the HR manager in designation from India , but on the letter head it read "Senior Executive - HR"
Also Do you think, it could have been that the letter was sourced and sent from India , that VO is not happy about it? I can request for another letter form my employer from here in Canada? Would that work?

I am more worried about the VO's message there mentioning about misreprensenation of info, truthfulness etc.. I have provided info to the best of my knowledge and no false claims whatsoever.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Is just the title provided in the letter, or the individual's name and contact information?

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
here is the key " am not satisfied that you perform the duties of the declared NOC in Canada" I think the VO think that you did not perform the duties in Canada because the letter signed by someone in India,

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
Hichaman said:
here is the key " am not satisfied that you perform the duties of the declared NOC in Canada" I think the VO think that you did not perform the duties in Canada because the letter signed by someone in India,
I agree with Hichaman. VO specifically mentioned that I am not satisfied that you perform the duties of the declared NOC in Canada". So I think its the roles and responsibilities not the person who and who not signed the document.

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
Yes, the best practice you can do is to have a letter issued and signed from here in CANADA, it does not have to be from a high peron in the company, your manager at work can do it for you,