+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employment letter & employment reference letter requested in Police Certificate request letter

boa4038

Dec 18, 2018
Hello,

I have received the Police Certificate request letter from IRCC today, and I have applied for PR under BC PNP.

Question 1: Employment Letter & Employment Reference Letter
What are the differences between these 2 letters? there is no info about the Employment Reference Letter

Question 2:
the Hong Kong police department will issue and mail my police certificate directly to IRCC.

For my education documents and those 2 employment letters,
- do I mail them along with my police certificate application in Hong Kong?
- or I just need to mail them to IRCC Vancouver?

Here is the Police Certificate request letter:

The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

> Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate

Note: the Hong Kong police certificate must be sent to the following address:
IRCC Vancouver
1148 Hornby Street Vancouver, BC V6Z 2C3

This must be received at this office by: 2019/07/12

> Education diplomas/degrees: All documentation (diplomas and transcripts) to support your declared post-secondary education or vocational training.

> Employment Letter: An official document printed on company letterhead stating that you, in whose name the letter is printed, will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. It must list your name, the details of your employment in Canada.

> Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from your employer

(Date format is YYYY/MM/DD)

StonehamPark

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
This seems to be a new trend, possibly just BC - I have not yet heard of this from other provinces. (my file was transferred to Vancouver).

R.e sending in the forms. Do you have an online account (GC Key etc), you are able to directly upload them to there.
If not, there should be a mailing address on the request document you received.

I also received both the employment docs, but not police cert.

For my Employment letter, I just got a printout of my start date, salary, position, company name, letterheaded, date, phone no. employee no. name etc (basics).

For my Employee Reference, I pre-filled out the info via the below link containing my specific duties, pay, benefits etc (a lot of info is the same as the employment letter), then my Manager signed and dated it.

There is a fantastic template in post #2 in the following link: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

baj

Nov 30, 2014

> Education diplomas/degrees: All documentation (diplomas and transcripts) to support your declared post-secondary education or vocational training.
This must be received at this office by: 2019/08/22

> Employment Letter: An official document printed on company letterhead stating that you, in whose name the letter is printed, will be employed in Canada for a specified period of time by that company. It must list your name, the details of your employment in Canada.

> Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from your employer

Shechude A background check
Supplementary travel history

- I only put my current job since 2015
I put assistant manager tittle ongoing but I was promoted assistant manager in 2017
But when I applied for Pnp I was assistant manager .
In 2018 I was terminated for 3 week because I have to go on vacation and they rehired me in three weeks . I did not mentioned that because because I was rehired in same month . Will any of this will be a problem now .

StonehamPark

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017

- I only put my current job since 2015
I put assistant manager tittle ongoing but I was promoted assistant manager in 2017
But when I applied for Pnp I was assistant manager .
In 2018 I was terminated for 3 week because I have to go on vacation and they rehired me in three weeks . I did not mentioned that because because I was rehired in same month . Will any of this will be a problem now .
Did you get re-hired as Assistant Manager, or something different?

It's a tough one, personally I would say be as honest as possible, and even write a small explanation note stating the above.

baj

Nov 30, 2014
yes i was hired as assistant manager same pay everything was same as before.
any help will be appreciated