+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment insurance and citizenship application

calgary1991

Star Member
Mar 2, 2020
Hi. I am unemployed since 2019 July. I applied for citizenship on March and got my AOR. March to June I dealt with a persistent infection and since June I’m trying to recover from all the aftermath of the infection. I don’t think I qualify for emergency benefit because I voluntarily quit my job last year due to excessive bullying by the new manager. I even wrote a letter but management didn’t do anything about it. That bully department manager was even bullying the HR manager.. Anyways so if I can’t find job due to covid-19 and I can’t apply for emergency benefit either.. If I apply for EI, I don’t even know if that would work because I have to prove that I was bullied. I have witnesses but I don’t think they would take the risk of losing their jobs. So If somehow I could get EI, would that affect my citizenship application in bad way? Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. I am unemployed since 2019 July. I applied for citizenship on March and got my AOR. March to June I dealt with a persistent infection and since June I’m trying to recover from all the aftermath of the infection. I don’t think I qualify for emergency benefit because I voluntarily quit my job last year due to excessive bullying by the new manager. I even wrote a letter but management didn’t do anything about it. That bully department manager was even bullying the HR manager.. Anyways so if I can’t find job due to covid-19 and I can’t apply for emergency benefit either.. If I apply for EI, I don’t even know if that would work because I have to prove that I was bullied. I have witnesses but I don’t think they would take the risk of losing their jobs. So If somehow I could get EI, would that affect my citizenship application in bad way? Thank you.
EI has no impact on citizenship.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
First off always keep in mind that EI is not any sort of social assistance. This is, as the name suggests, an INSURANCE claim that you paid for when you worked, so there should be no regret taking it back if and when you need it. So no bad thoughts about it. One wouldn't think any bad making an insurance claim on a fender-bender, right? Same here. Secondly, no it will not affect your application.

Reactions: MS2017