+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment in home country - Employer is in a different city - Currency of payment

Manny_19

Jun 28, 2018
Dear experts,

In a few weeks I will be submitting my EE profile. However, I have some doubts regarding my work experience with my current employer.

1. I am a Legal Assistant for a Law Firm here in my home country. The Firm is located in a different city and state, I work remotely by doing tons of digital work for them (draft contracts, type documents, keep the digital files in order, arrange meetings and conference calls with clients) as well as helping them manage their clients in the city I live in. I have all the supporting documentation (letter stating duties, full time basis, etc), but I don't know which location I should put in work history, is it where the company is located or where I work from? Does the letter have to explain how I manage to be a Legal Assistant remotely or just state my duties and say "He works from the city of XYZ"?

2. They pay me in USD even though that is not the currency of my country, does the letter have to state my salary in USD or convert it to my country's currency?

Thank you!

Last edited: