+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment History - Citizenship Application

Sivagin

Nov 5, 2016
Hello All, I came to Canada on Feb 2018 while I was still working in India (took 2 months leave) . I went back to India by May, resigned my job in June and returned back to canada in July.. So, my employment history in India is officially until June 2018. So, is it ok to have employment history in India until June 2018, but address history starts from Feb 2018 in Canada. Thank you

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello All, I came to Canada on Feb 2018 while I was still working in India (took 2 months leave) . I went back to India by May, resigned my job in June and returned back to canada in July.. So, my employment history in India is officially until June 2018. So, is it ok to have employment history in India until June 2018, but address history starts from Feb 2018 in Canada. Thank you
Thats fine. Many work from remote for US company (and many commute to US). They all have US as work location for most/entire eligibility period while showing physical presence in Canada. They dont care about your employer location(or where you received your salary). So nothing to worry.

Sivagin

Nov 5, 2016
Thats fine. Many work from remote for US company (and many commute to US). They all have US as work location for most/entire eligibility period while showing physical presence in Canada. They dont care about your employer location(or where you received your salary). So nothing to worry.
Thank you Hari, Sorry, can I ask one more question, What should be the Address of the place of employment, when I was on leave ? Should that be canada address. Or Can I put that employment without any break.. like start date (somewhere in 2015) to June 2018

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Thank you Hari, Sorry, can I ask one more question, What should be the Address of the place of employment, when I was on leave ? Should that be canada address. Or Can I put that employment without any break.. like start date (somewhere in 2015) to June 2018
Yes thats fine. Many of us have US address as employer's address for the complete 3 years of residency. Many are not even nowadays commuting to US for this year and they all will have year+ period as foreign address even though they never traveled. So its nothing to worry about as you have letter of employment.
As it was your place of your employment even during your break while in Canada, you will enter that employment detail in just one row with India address.

Sivagin

Nov 5, 2016
Yes thats fine. Many of us have US address as employer's address for the complete 3 years of residency. Many are not even nowadays commuting to US for this year and they all will have year+ period as foreign address even though they never traveled. So its nothing to worry about as you have letter of employment.
As it was your place of your employment even during your break while in Canada, you will enter that employment detail in just one row with India address.
That makes sense. Thanks a lot Hari..

Glory. A. O

Jan 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a related question.
Upon landing in Canada, my husband got a contract job with an agency here in Canada (he was contracted to a Canadian bank in Toronto). However, his payslip and T4 show the U.S. address of the contract agency.
When filling his employment history, should I put the Canadian address or the U.S. address of the agency?
Thanks in advance.

Glory. A. O

Jan 21, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a related question.
Upon landing in Canada, my husband got a contract job with an agency here in Canada (he was contracted to a Canadian bank in Toronto). However, his payslip and T4 show the U.S. address of the contract agency.
When filling his employment history, should I put the Canadian address or the U.S. address of the agency?
Thanks in advance.
Update:
Called IRCC, the agent said I should use the Canadian address of the agency if they have one. If they don't, I may use the U.S. address.