+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment experience questions

Phan Do

Dec 17, 2019
Hi guys. I have several questions regarding employment experience and I hope to receive advice from you fellow experts

- For foreign experience, I have 1 job NOC 1111 (9 months) and 1 job NOC 1114 (2 year + 4 months). Will I be able to claim 3 years for foreign experience?
- For Canadian experience, I have 1 job NOC B (8 months) and 1 job NOC B (6 months after September/22). I believe I should be able to claim 1 year for CEC in this case. For the first job, I started working part-time quite a while before my co-op semester start (which I can work full-time). Long story short, my ROE showed 2 paychecks with 45h/biweekly ( 5 hours above the standard 20h/week) before I started working full-time. My question is, should I submit this ROE along with the employment letter to proof my Canadian experience or just submit the employment letter alone?

Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you so much

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys. I have several questions regarding employment experience and I hope to receive advice from you fellow experts

- For foreign experience, I have 1 job NOC 1111 (9 months) and 1 job NOC 1114 (2 year + 4 months). Will I be able to claim 3 years for foreign experience?
- For Canadian experience, I have 1 job NOC B (8 months) and 1 job NOC B (6 months after September/22). I believe I should be able to claim 1 year for CEC in this case. For the first job, I started working part-time quite a while before my co-op semester start (which I can work full-time). Long story short, my ROE showed 2 paychecks with 45h/biweekly ( 5 hours above the standard 20h/week) before I started working full-time. My question is, should I submit this ROE along with the employment letter to proof my Canadian experience or just submit the employment letter alone?

1. Yes
2. CEC is based on employment on PGWP not during studies. Is this for all work on PGWP as you mention working while on co-op permit.

Reactions: Phan Do

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020

I assume the more the paperwork the less the chance of the officer to demand more from you, hence less chance of delays. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Phan Do

Phan Do

Dec 17, 2019
1. Yes
2. CEC is based on employment on PGWP not during studies. Is this for all work on PGWP as you mention working while on co-op permit.
Thank you for your reply.
I do understand that my Canadian experience only starts after my graduation. After Sep 2022, I should have 1 year experience (counting start after graduation). It's just I don't know that submitting the ROE of my first job (which included the period I worked a bit over allowed hours, 45h/biweekly instead of 40h/biweekly) is a bad idea

Last edited: