Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi Ashish,

I had a somewhat similar situation and as per the posts from many here, they are correct. If you don't have that letter don't apply. You will be rejected. I was. And I re applied and found out that it depends on company policy whether they have to legally give you anything. In my case it was a bank and my employer said it wasn't "company policy" to give me an employment letter. Do NOT take their word for it. (I found a page on their internal website that stated in bold that they had to legally provide an employment letter etc etc - Imagine my managers shock when I sent that link to her after a year lol)!!!! Find out from Human resources, other employees in a senior position or even google it.

In the end I had to write a very harsh letter in a very legal sounding way with help of some contacts that were in a senior position and I got it. I was sick to the stomach when I got it, coz my first application was rejected because of something they said they couldn't give. After wasting a year and re-applying and then sending that threatening letter (because I had nothing to lose, i would have to leave Canada if this didn't work!) I got the letter within 2 days!

You can see my post here while this was happening and the many who helped me on the forum. There is also an example of the letter I sent. However this is quite specific to my company but you can get a good idea.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t137182.0.html

Hope this helps in some way!! All the best!

nandan_ph

May 10, 2013
damn... my bad.. did some research and PMM you are right..the employer is not legally bound to provide such letters