+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

employer won't renew work permit...what happens next?

d34zel

Jul 25, 2009
I am working in alberta as a temporay foreign worker and I applied for AINP this year as semi-skilled worker in the employer driven stream. I got into a problem with my employer alng with 12 other guys and now the company wont renew our work permit which is due on october. we still have time to find another employer but the company said they are withdrawing our AINP application. does that mean we have been denied by the AINP or the CIC? if we change employers can we file another AINP application? thanks

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
AlbertaResident said:
rasco,

you need to be sure of this info as it is a sensitive case. you know not all on the forum is accurate.
That is why I made mention of where I got the infor from.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
d34zel said:
I am working in alberta as a temporay foreign worker and I applied for AINP this year as semi-skilled worker in the employer driven stream. I got into a problem with my employer alng with 12 other guys and now the company wont renew our work permit which is due on october. we still have time to find another employer but the company said they are withdrawing our AINP application. does that mean we have been denied by the AINP or the CIC? if we change employers can we file another AINP application? thanks
AINP employer driven stream is based on your employers support and if the employer withdraws their support or you are no longer working for that employer, your application is gone. If you find another employer and get a new work permit, you can apply again with the new employer.