+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer setting conditions before they can give employment letter. What to do?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My employer wants us (employees) to improve in our work/performance (based on our monthly report) before they can give employment letter. They said if the performance is bad, they will not give.

I already talked to the branch manager and he said the same thing.

Is there any legal action which can be done to get the letter?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

If it's in their company policy then I'm afraid there isn't much that you can do. But if you're applying through CEC and can't provide the reference, you can simply compose a letter and explain that it's company policy not to provide any letter. But make sure you add as much as evidence possible to your application that proves you've been working there, including your paystubs and tax returns, bonuses and maybe business cards. There have been cases like yours through out the years and it's not a ground for rejection.

Just a personal advice; do go head to head with your company, try to stay as considerable as possible. Even when you leave, try to leave on a peaceful manner.

Best of luck,

Reactions: hell911

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before they used to give letters without any conditions (as told by prev employees), only this year they started with this performance based giving out letters.

I will check in the company policy given to me last year.