+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer refused to provide reference letter

kartikee

Jun 5, 2014
I am eligible for PR under CEC category as I have worked in Canada from Jan 2012 to Dec 2013. I am planing to apply for PR now, but unfortunately my employer has refused to provide me "reference letter explaining my experience and job responsibilities".
As of now I am planing to submit following documents as to prove my experience in Canada. let me know if such documents are enough or I can not submit my application without reference letter from employer? Moreover, it will be helpful if anyone could suggest more documents that I can submit as part of work exp if I have missed any in following list.

1) Explanation letter for refusal by employer.
2) Mail from employer suggesting that they wont provide such letter.
3) Explanation of my job responsibilities and pay on my own.
4) pay stubs for the period I was working in Canada
5) Tax forms submitted
6) Work permit

I would also like to know if any one has experience of getting PR under CEC without experience letter from employer?
Also should I now attach the explanation letter saying my employer has refused to provide employer letter ? or I can mention this later when I am asked for it.

ferna

Star Member
Jan 27, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2013
AOR Received.
24-06-2013
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014
Passport Req..
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014 (before I got the PPR!!)
LANDED..........
01-03-2014
You can also include Notice of Assessment (NOA) from CRA and job offer email/letter from your employer if you have them.

I think you need to send the explanation letter now; otherwise they may not send you AOR.

ljiljka007

Jan 3, 2013
Mississauga, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2014
Doc's Request.
sent PCC for spouse on Oct 20, without request
AOR Received.
06/24/2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
17-06-2015
Med's Done....
08-07-2015
Passport Req..
30-07-2015
LANDED..........
17-08-2015
I really dont get it. How can they refuse to issue something like that. It's like 5 minutes of their time.. :mad:

cecnov2013

Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
27-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
kartikee said:
I am eligible for PR under CEC category as I have worked in Canada from Jan 2012 to Dec 2013. I am planing to apply for PR now, but unfortunately my employer has refused to provide me "reference letter explaining my experience and job responsibilities".
As of now I am planing to submit following documents as to prove my experience in Canada. let me know if such documents are enough or I can not submit my application without reference letter from employer? Moreover, it will be helpful if anyone could suggest more documents that I can submit as part of work exp if I have missed any in following list.

5) Tax forms submitted
6) Work permit

I had a friend of mine who got his PR without submitting the letter. But note it just depend on the VO. Good Luck

I would also like to know if any one has experience of getting PR under CEC without experience letter from employer?
Also should I now attach the explanation letter saying my employer has refused to provide employer letter ? or I can mention this later when I am asked for it.

Ashra

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
22-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App ECAS(In Process): 29-Apr-2014
Med's Request
30-Apr-2014 RPRF Request : 30-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
03-May-2014 Med's Uploaded: 08-May-2014 RPRF Paid ......: 08-May-2014 ECAS(Medicals):17-May-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-May-2014 ECAS(Decision): 24-May-2014 VO Change Req: 26-May-2014 VO Change Email: 16-Jun-2014 PP(For Stamping): 17-Jun-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Jun-2014
LANDED..........
30-Sep-2014
Please find below my comments:

1. Attach a cover letter mentioning your exp and all the details
2. Attach an email from your employer mentioning that can't issue you a reference letter
3. Get an email/written letter from alteast 4 peers who certify that you do all the mentioned duties as part of your role and your Exp

I guess all these docs in addition to what seniors have mentioned in the above posts should suffice your requirement.

Hope it helps. I wish you all the best.!
Keep up posted.

Cheers

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
ljiljka007 said:
I really dont get it. How can they refuse to issue something like that. It's like 5 minutes of their time.. :mad:
ljiljka007 you are correct , But this is real problem for some Employer in Canada , May be they don't want to encourage PR.
Anyway I knwo many such employer , But What we can say ??? ??? ??? ???

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
kartikee said:

5) Tax forms submitted
6) Work permit

First of all don't worry . I know more than 10 person who was in same situation (which you explained above).

What ever points you mentioned that is more than enough. Just add Reassessment letter from CRA .
Now days CEC are aware about fact and once you included letter form Employer saying they can't issue any such letter that works

Good luck

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
kartikee said:
Attach both of these as proof to your letter of explanation about why you can't provide a Letter of Employment.

Do you have anything else? A contract? A letter of appointment? Copy of LMO? A written description of job duties? You need something besides your own statement. Even a letter from a co-worker (if nothing else).

Your Record of Employment from Service Canada would be a better choice.
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/employers/view_roe.shtml

5) Tax forms submitted Not sure what you mean - your tax returns? You don't need those. What you need are your T4 and your Notice of Assessment, those are REQUIRED documents.

6) Work permit Required

Yes, those who have good alternative documentation (including proof of the employer's refusal) have succeeded.

Do not wait to be asked. The Letter of Employment is the single most important document in your application, you will not get past the AOR without your letter of explanation...