+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer refused to provide Reference letter with Job duties, any alternative ?

orko

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks dbss. In the link you have provided, it says:
Both you and your employer must comply with the terms and conditions of the contract and it should include:

your pay and deductions from your pay;
details of your job duties; and
conditions of employment.

In case of no reference letter, this might be a least document stating your job role.

Reactions: adds.17

amar31282

Star Member
May 1, 2013
Mohali
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2013
Doc's Request.
17-06-2013
IELTS Request
17-06-2013
Hi All

I have one query.

I am an IT professional and I joined my current company in sep-2010 as "Software Developer" But just in Oct-2010 I was promoted to a Position named "Tech Lead". Now I am working as a developer as well as Technical Lead for a team

Will this Job Title qualify for 2174 or not? Do I need to get letters from my employer saying "Software Developer". Will it suffice if I only get job duties letter specifying my duties only with Tech Lead as position. Will it count in Skill level A or B?

Please reply...

PA1984

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi HarrySingh

Your VISA might also have been expired with your previous WP.

Now as you got renewed WP. tell your employer that you want to go for vacation to ur home country and you need visa to return, And to apply for new TRV please provide me employer latter stating my job title and duties, workind in india dates and canada dates and work hours etc.....see if this trick works.

isabox

Star Member
Mar 3, 2013
sabidhawan said:
HI Guys,

My application was rejected for the same reason . I use to work for Rogers and Bell and both just gave me a regular letter but did not mentioned my duties . I had to actually switch job wait for an year and applied again . I would suggest you to talk to a lawyer as they should be providing you with the letter.
I was burnt by the same situation.

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
andreleiangel said:
hello guys

i too have the same problem 5 years working in canada in 2 different company but same skilled position and im applying for my PR my problem is the last two previuos company ive work with gave me my certificate of employment without any duties and responsibilities but the present company it has the duties and responsibilities will it affect my application

please reply on this matter thank you very much
Hello po! I read your posts. You seemed to be a Filipino and I am in the same shoes as you were. I submitted my PR application with reference letter without job duties but I attached the job duties ofy position from our staff manual. I just want to ask what did you do when you were iny position. Thank you po.

Reactions: adds.17

chellesii76

Star Member
Dec 24, 2009
chellesii76 said:
Hello po! I read your posts. You seemed to be a Filipino and I am in the same shoes as you were. I submitted my PR application with reference letter without job duties but I attached the job duties ofy position from our staff manual. I just want to ask what did you do when you were iny position. Thank you po.
Hello! Just browsing some threads concerning the situation where I am in and stumbled your post. Just want to know if you were succesful with your application as the reference letter I submitted does not have job duties but instead I attached our company manual just like what you did. Thanks! Hoping for your reply.

Ngozie25

Aug 26, 2016
Hello forum members,

I am having similar issues with my reference letter. My employer refuse to include all the information required by CIC in my reference letter.

My work hours is not included, some of my benefits are left off and my job description is a separate document that does not have the company stamp on it.

Is there anything that I can do about the missing information and the lack of a company stamp on my job description?

Will this cause my application to be rejected?

Am appealing to anyone who can share any information as to the way forward.

Kind Regards

sakthiece

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hi guys, please advise on my below query:

My Work Permit doesn't have NOC code in it but the WP application submitted by my company has NOC 2171 in it. The job title mentioned in WP by CIC has 'Software Architect' which falls under example title of another NOC which is 2173. But in my Express entry, I have mentioned it as per my WP application which is NOC 2171 and also current reference letter from employer has duties related to NOC 2171. Is it good?

darkmago

Oct 25, 2017
hamilton, On. canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-03-2018
Doc's Request.
14-03-2018
AOR Received.
14-03-2018
IELTS Request
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
14-03-2018
Med's Done....
17-11-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2018
LANDED..........
17-07-2018
I know this post is old, but I am kinda in similar situation. can you tell me what happened to your case?

yaadman

Jul 17, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-07-2018
I'm in the same situation right now, guys please help, my employer is refusing to give the job letter with duties and responsibilities listed

Abhi1982

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I'm in the same situation right now, guys please help, my employer is refusing to give the job letter with duties and responsibilities listed
yaadman - I hope you got a resolution to this issue. Can you please share what it was? It is the case with me for one of my past employers. I have offer letter, relieving letter, tax forms, an affidavit(notarized) from one of the team managers with all my duties on stamp paper (no company letterhead), and I have a confirmation email from the company HR that they would not issue any job reference letter to any employee as per company policy. They have quoted the HR policy that prohibits issuance of any such letter to any employee, current or Ex. I am thinking of attaching all these documents to suffice the needs and writing a LOE to the case officer when I submit the documents. But can you confirm how you addressed this issue? Thanks

rajesh1514

Nov 18, 2019
HI Guys,

If the employer doesn't give you a letter with roles and responsibilities included, you can always get a letter from your supervisor or your team. I did the same for two companies that I worked outside canada and I have received my PPR. Just make sure that you provide as much documentation (Salary slip, promotion letter, joining letter, ID card of your colleague) as you can to prove your work exp along with the letter from your colleague.

Also attached copy of the email that I sent to the employer asking for the letter with responsibilities included (regardless they reply or not attach this as well).

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
HI Guys,

If the employer doesn't give you a letter with roles and responsibilities included, you can always get a letter from your supervisor or your team. I did the same for two companies that I worked outside canada and I have received my PPR. Just make sure that you provide as much documentation (Salary slip, promotion letter, joining letter, ID card of your colleague) as you can to prove your work exp along with the letter from your colleague.

Also attached copy of the email that I sent to the employer asking for the letter with responsibilities included (regardless they reply or not attach this as well).
Hey can you please tell me,whether you submitted email from your supervisor or written letter by supervisor with roles and responsibility

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
HI Guys,

Hi, I am in Canada currently.
I have a question-In Canada,I am working in noc-b job and soon i am completing 1 year in that.
I came here as as student.My studies were done in 2015 and from 2015-2017 I was working in India which I told embassy while filing for student visa.But i was working in India on cash and the pay was low fr the tax slab-so i did not even file tax.

Now, I m about to file express entry-so want to know that is it mandatory to show Indian experience in that express entry profile?
My points are good enough with Canadian experience only.
I am concerned because for Indian experience, I have only experience letter.
Or I can manage to get reference letter stating my duties, hours ,salary and last 6 payt slips .Is that ok?

Please let me know if anybody can help in these questions.