AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Are these mandatorily required while filing after receiving ITA.?
If so, do i require to obtain from ALL my previous employers?
If not, for how many past years/company do i need to obtain these.?

P.s. I do have experience certificates form all my employers as well as payslips for last 2 years.

Last edited:

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
No, only for the work experiences you are claiming CRS points for
What do these letter need to mention? Is there a set format?

I have worked in Hospitality sector.. with a total of 5 companies in 3 different countries so far.. over the time frame of 9 years.. and i am claiming points for all of it..

I hav no idea whom to contact at the older employer organizations to arrange for this letter :(

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
What do these letter need to mention? Is there a set format?

I have worked in Hospitality sector.. with a total of 5 companies in 3 different countries so far.. over the time frame of 9 years.. and i am claiming points for all of it..

I hav no idea whom to contact at the older employer organizations to arrange for this letter :(

Sample format is shared in another post
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

As per CIC portal R&R must include following -

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Ans 2 - u need to arrange R&R letter from all these companies.

Ans 3 - Try to reach out to HR deptt or reporting managers of cos

Reactions: Aman K

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Sample format is shared in another post
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/

As per CIC portal R&R must include following -

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Ans 2 - u need to arrange R&R letter from all these companies.

Ans 3 - Try to reach out to HR deptt or reporting managers of cos
Yes

No, only for the work experiences you are claiming CRS points for
Sorry to both u both again.. just another query related to the same topic..
What shall I do if one of the companies has shut-down/taken-over.?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Get reference letters from your former supervisor/colleagues. Get as many other supporting documents as you can, contracts, pay slips, tax records, bank statements showing salary deposits, etc

Reactions: Aman K

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Sorry to both u both again.. just another query related to the same topic..
What shall I do if one of the companies has shut-down/taken-over.?
In case company is closed down then u must collect the relevant court order , news paper clipping / web links in order to support ur case + self declare ur R&R in the said closed company and get it notarized.
In case its taken over/amalgamated etc then try to approach new HR of that amalgamated co telling ur case and take regular follow ups from then in written. In case they dont revert u or help u say like 1-2 months then approach the ex colleagues of that company and ask them to mention ur R&R on plain paper as per CIC format along with their ID card and send it across to u . Then get that letter notarized at ur end.

Gurpreet26

Jun 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19/02/2020
Med's Done....
01/03/2020
Get reference letters from your former supervisor/colleagues. Get as many other supporting documents as you can, contracts, pay slips, tax records, bank statements showing salary deposits, etc
What will happen if salary paid in cash ?
I have only appointment and reference letter from company.

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Just trying to break it down and understand better. Please provide inputs. @Gunik1123 @ContactFront

On the EE profile, I have selected my primary occupation as NOC 6313 (Type B) - Accommodation, travel, tourism and related services supervisors

My actual work experience with NOC Codes
Employer #1 - NOC 6525 - Front Desk Receptionist - 1 Year 8 Months
Employer #2 - NOC 6313 - Front Office Supervisor - 3 Years 5 Months
Employer #3 - NOC 6313 - Front Office Supervisor - 0 Years 9 Months
Employer #4 - NOC 6525 - Front Desk Receptionist (Part-Time) - 1 Year 11 Months
Employer #4 - NOC 2011 - Accounts Asssistance (Part-Time) - 1 Year 4 Months

Firstly, please clarify if I need a minimum of 3 years Skilled foreign work experience?
Likewise, would the aforementioned experience under NOC 6313 qualify for additional points since it is the same as my chosen primary occupation code?
P.S. Reference Documents are in progress

For the other 2 NOCs, do i simply need to declare those as work history.? (They wouldn't contribute to the points anyways).
Do i need to provide Reference Letters from these as well? Or will be work experience certificate be sufficient.?

Last edited:

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
What will happen if salary paid in cash ?
I have only appointment and reference letter from company.
U can provide following things in this scenario -

1) U must had received cash voucher for cash salary
2) proof of depositing cash salary into ur bank account
3) Tax returns showing that u received salary in cash for said period in order to give weightage to ur case

Reactions: Gurpreet26
Feb 2, 2020
I've got a question about that. I can get letters from all of my employers with all the information required, I've got payslips from most of them, got offer letters, separation agreements etc.

Anyway, I have a template for the employment reference letter, I just need my employers to add the letterhead and get the HR manager to sign(well at least with one of my employers, the others I know my bosses well enough to just ask them). My question is this: I won't have any issues if all the letters follow a generic template, will I? I don't need to get them all write unique letters, do I? Also does it matter if I do this now and use these letters in 2-3 years? I know this is a little early, but I have plans and I might not be around in my country to have the chance to do this later.

Gurpreet26

Jun 2, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19/02/2020
Med's Done....
01/03/2020
U can provide following things in this scenario -

1) U must had received cash voucher for cash salary
2) proof of depositing cash salary into ur bank account
3) Tax returns showing that u received salary in cash for said period in order to give weightage to ur case