09-03-2010
Med's Request
13-04-2010
Med's Done....
20-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Hi,

My sister is now eligible to apply for PR under CEC Category. Her employer will not be happy to know that she is applying for PR. So, it is not possible for her to get a Reference letter with all the details mentioned in the Document checklist.

I am so confused. It looks like this is mandatory, however, can anybody confirm if CEC will accept the explanation letter.

Supporting details are available in three different documents like roles responsibilities, number of hours per week stated in the pay stub, duration of stay and designation details.

I initially applied under FSW in 2009 and I provided CIC with the explanation letter that I am applying on my own interest without company's knowledge and hence, I cant ask them for such letters.

Please help me out!!!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
JudaN said:
I am so confused. It looks like this is mandatory, however, can anybody confirm if CEC will accept the explanation letter.

Supporting details are available in three different documents like roles responsibilities, number of hours per week stated in the pay stub, duration of stay and designation details.
It depends on the quality of the explanation (reason for not providing the letter of employment) and alternative documentation for all required details. The biggest problem is the job responsibilities/duties to prove that the work experience is "skilled". A contract or job offer written before the work experience does not prove that she actually did the work. So it is very difficult to have an application accepted without a manager to verify the job duties, in writing, after the year of employment is complete.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
The thing is, and just like jes put it, you may enclose an explanation letter and supporting documents, but it would all depend on the their relevance/applicability and the VO's willigness to accept/acknowledge them.

If you read a bit through the posts in the forum, you will notice that most of those that were unable to include this letter had some form of issue. This letter is documentation the VO uses in order to determine that the work performed is skilled, which is one of the main criteria for CEC.

I dont understand why the employer would object, since this is not an endorsement, but an application of one's own accord. But, if unable, I would try to include the job posting description (advertised for recruitment), contacts, pay stubs, any performance reviews that may reference job duties, and communication (formal letters, emails...) between the employer and yourself that clearly states their unwilligness to provide you with the reference.

Did you try to speak to HR by any chance? If you know someone there, may be they would be willing to write a letter without setting off the alarm bells with your boss. It took me a little bit too, but when I explained that they are not endorsing me, but rather stating my job descriptions, they played ball.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is true that some employers (and applicants) misunderstand the purpose of the letter. It is not a "Letter of Recommendation," it is not a sponsorship, it is not an endorsement. It is employment verification only, but CIC requires specific details.

forum_user

Jan 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Med's Request
10-Dec-2013
Med's Done....
13-Dec-2013
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2013
Hi
I'm planning to apply under NOC 2174 as well. Here's my job description from my employment letter:

- Analyzing existing applications
- Designing Software
- Coding & testing application programs for e-Commerce & other Internet applications
- Documenting changes/requirements
- Implementation and post-implementation support

Please let me know if this is OK.