+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer portal: GCKEY account expired. What's the fastest solution?

SalChCj

May 24, 2024
My boss has a GCKEY account with the IRCC that has been revoked due to 2+ years of inactivity. When trying to create a new account, our business number appears already linked to another account (the revoked one, I assume), so we're stuck in this loop. We haven't had any luck contacting the IRCC either by mail or phone; anyone know a way to access our employer portal or recover our business number? Time is of the essence here, so we'd appreciate any advice

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
My boss has a GCKEY account with the IRCC that has been revoked due to 2+ years of inactivity. When trying to create a new account, our business number appears already linked to another account (the revoked one, I assume), so we're stuck in this loop. We haven't had any luck contacting the IRCC either by mail or phone; anyone know a way to access our employer portal or recover our business number? Time is of the essence here, so we'd appreciate any advice
IRCC.EmployerPortal-Portailemployeur.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Write "Pin Reset" in subject line along with first and last name. That's the only way to contact them. 5 business days is the standard response time apparently.

May 26, 2024
Kenya
To resolve the issue of being stuck in a loop with a business number already linked to a revoked GCKey account, follow these steps:
  1. Contact IRCC Support: If attempts to create a new account or recover the business number have been unsuccessful, reach out to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) support for assistance. Contact information for technical issues related to two-factor authentication can be found on the Canada.ca website. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/two-factor-authentication.html
  2. Link Application to New Account: Sign in to your IRCC secure account and look for the option to "Link application to this account." Provide specific information about the application you wish to access, ensuring accuracy in the details entered, as per the instructions provided in the Canada.ca website. https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=850
  3. Seek Immediate Assistance: Given the urgency of the situation, consider reaching out to the IRCC support through the provided contact details for technical issues related to two-factor authentication. Customer service representatives are available year-round, 24/7, to assist with technical issues related to two-factor authentication. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/two-factor-authentication.html
  4. Alternative Contact Methods: If traditional methods of contact such as mail or phone have not yielded results, explore other avenues for communication with IRCC, such as email or online support channels, to expedite the resolution of the issue.

Reactions: SalChCj