+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer not providing Work Experience Letter &Line Manager Refused to give same

mogly2015

Sep 16, 2015
Dear All,

I approached my employer and employer has refused to give experience letter stating roles and responsibilities. He even refused to reply on mail. I spoke to my line manager , he does not want to take risk with employer and issue me a letter. Kindly guide what are the options available to me. Has some one faced similar problem with CIC? What is the solution ?

Warm Regards,
Mogly

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
First of all, do you have anything (letter or email) asking him for the reference you need that you can include with a letter of explanation? Can you ask a colleague as a last ditch effort? A past manager? Anything written in company policy about reference letters? Have you produced anything at work that would give an idea of your duties? What does your joining letter or job offer state? The job posting itself? Can you get someone to take pictures of you performing the duties at a place clearly recognizable as that specific workplace? Do you have a name tag with your designation? Do you work with outside companies and is there someone there who can write a letter? I am digging deep here and I am not an expert, so I can't say if CIC would accept any of the above, but I am really sorry that you are facing this problem. As you know, this is such a critical aspect of the EE process and anything you provide that does not fit the standards leaves room for them to question. You are sadly,
one of many who has hit this wall. Do a search on the main forum thread and read what others have done in FSW before the EE started. You will have more chance of finding success stories and advice in that programme as EE is too new. Good luck!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Here are some examples. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t295752.0.html;topicseen
Read reply 752 for more suggestions. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.750.html