+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer no longer operational

Idiaz

Oct 31, 2018
One of my early experiences was in a company where i worked part time basis. The company is not operational anymore, though I can track the owner of the business and request for a reference letter. However, if the company is not operational now, wont it be unethical to get the reference letter from him? It was not a big company, just a small one with 5-6 staff that worked on project basis. Also, i was paid a small amount in cash. It was a flexible arrangement for me as I had some family issues at home, and this easy arrangement helped. I really doubt that there would be any records available with the employer, as our town was later also hit by disastrous floods where a lot was just lost. Please guide me. I want to talk to this employer once i have all information of what i need.

Also, my work experience is as follows:
Current : 4 months
Employer A : 2 years 1 month
Self Employed B : 2 years
Employer C : 1.5 months
Employer D : 1 year (explained above)
Employer E : 10 months

Q1: Do I need to show the reference letters of all, or will just the first three mentioned will do?
Q2: What is the minimum number of reference letters that I should produce?

Thanks

Last edited:

Idiaz

Oct 31, 2018
One of my early experiences was in a company where i worked part time basis. The company is not operational anymore, though I can track the owner of the business and request for a reference letter. However, if the company is not operational now, wont it be unethical to get the reference letter from him? It was not a big company, just a small one with 5-6 staff that worked on project basis. Also, i was paid a small amount in cash. It was a flexible arrangement for me as I had some family issues at home, and this easy arrangement helped. I really doubt that there would be any records available with the employer, as our town was later also hit by disastrous floods where a lot was just lost. Please guide me. I want to talk to this employer once i have all information of what i need.

Also, my work experience is as follows:
Current : 4 months
Employer A : 2 years 1 month
Self Employed B : 2 years
Employer C : 1.5 months
Employer D : 1 year (explained above)
Employer E : 10 months

Q1: Do I need to show the reference letters of all, or will just the first three mentioned will do?
Q2: What is the minimum number of reference letters that I should produce?

Thanks
Can any senior member please help me out. I have already received ITA and am trying to get these documents.

deanbentleyfalcke

Feb 18, 2018
Johannesburg, South Africa
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
If you are claiming experience years for that job, then yes, it's best to get a reference letter - I would get one anyway. (Otherwise a pay stub?)

The easiest is to type up the letter yourself (remember, the reference letters needed here is not glowing recommendations, but factual evidence of what you did, when you did it and how much you got paid etc) and ask him to put it on a company letterhead. It's not unethical - he's merely stating past facts.

vorador

Star Member
Aug 25, 2018
Can any senior member please help me out. I have already received ITA and am trying to get these documents.
Years after the 3rd year of experience will not give you additional points. As I see you already have a 3 years continuous full-time work in the last 10 years (Are they in one NOC?), which means your CRS will not drop regardless of the issue with the non-operational company.

I personally now working on a different NOC than the one I applied for and my eligibility was approved based on the three years of my previous NOC.

Just get whatever you can get, do you best, then explain honestly your situation in the LOE.