+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer looking for basic info - HSW pilot!

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
I'm Canadian employer, who has offered employment to a Foreign National, and now I'm trying to understand this whole HSWP. I have read online that the processing time is 34months for HSW (less the 24mo. experience) What I am trying to learn is the actual processing time from putting in an application, until stage 1 decision? Which I assume would mean the applicant would be able to travel to Canada to begin employment.. Does it take 34 months just for that?!? Any input would be appreciated.. I'm new to this whole subject. thanks

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
I'm Canadian employer, who has offered employment to a Foreign National, and now I'm trying to understand this whole HSWP. I have read online that the processing time is 34months for HSW (less the 24mo. experience) What I am trying to learn is the actual processing time from putting in an application, until stage 1 decision? Which I assume would mean the applicant would be able to travel to Canada to begin employment.. Does it take 34 months just for that?!? Any input would be appreciated.. I'm new to this whole subject. thanks
Yes that’s correct as per current timeline . But from 2022 Jan online applications started . So that might take less time .

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
Strange,..so far I've seen the following processing times on the IRCC website: 1) 12 months. 2) 11 weeks. 3) No processing time published, as the pilots are still too new. 4) Now, 34 months?!? So I guess I will just have to suffer with severe debilitating arthritis is both knees for 3 more years, due to no home support available to me for the 8 or 9 months going through multiple surgeries and rehabilitation. Sorry Folks, I know this probably isn't the place, but I am frustrated beyond believe at this point, wasting months and months of time and alot of Expense.! Nice! Thank you Canada!

cool_boy007

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Strange,..so far I've seen the following processing times on the IRCC website: 1) 12 months. 2) 11 weeks. 3) No processing time published, as the pilots are still too new. 4) Now, 34 months?!? So I guess I will just have to suffer with severe debilitating arthritis is both knees for 3 more years, due to no home support available to me for the 8 or 9 months going through multiple surgeries and rehabilitation. Sorry Folks, I know this probably isn't the place, but I am frustrated beyond believe at this point, wasting months and months of time and alot of Expense.! Nice! Thank you Canada!
Yeah it’s so frustrating. This program made people suffer a lot mental and financially

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
I may seem alittle slow, but could you explain what that means? - "But from 2022 Jan online applications started . So that might take less time."

biggyboy35058

Jan 23, 2023
Also, I read that IRCC was planning to "Prioritize" some applications, particularly Health care related etc.. Does anyone know anything more regarding this? ANY feedback would be greatly appreciated!