+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer income for hsw pilot program

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there anyone here who knows if any of their employer were asked for requirements, how much were the income? no. of family unit and were they approved. This will help for anyone to gauge if potential or even current application employer has a chance. Thank you in advance.
Yes employers have to prove that they have the disposable income to pay for nanny or HCW. Partially depends on where someone lives. The family should have enough after tax income to cover their fixed expenses, savings and money for non-necessities like eating out, activities, clothing, etc.

JanC

Dec 8, 2015
Yes employers have to prove that they have the disposable income to pay for nanny or HCW. Partially depends on where someone lives. The family should have enough after tax income to cover their fixed expenses, savings and money for non-necessities like eating out, activities, clothing, etc.
Thank you. Im looking for an example though and the requirements. Will help gauge roughly what is enough for immigration. From what i inderstand, they would require NOA. would it be for 3 years? Would they ask for bank account statements. I dont think they would look into the fixed payments such as mortgage or car loan or whatever loan but i could be wrong.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you. Im looking for an example though and the requirements. Will help gauge roughly what is enough for immigration. From what i inderstand, they would require NOA. would it be for 3 years? Would they ask for bank account statements. I dont think they would look into the fixed payments such as mortgage or car loan or whatever loan but i could be wrong.
It is based on income and savings but it has to make sense budget wise. Where you live and your monthly expenses will impact although IRCC will go with an estimation not your exact budget. There isn’t an exact amount. Would make a very big difference if someone owns a home outright or if someone is paying a mortgage or rent especially in one of the big cities.

royalqueen

Jan 28, 2022
Gyus it will depend on LICO plus the salary. A family of 3 LICO for 2022 is $42,224 plus the salary to the nanny 30k, so the family should have at least $73,000 to hire a nanny.

Reactions: suneIl

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
Gyus it will depend on LICO plus the salary. A family of 3 LICO for 2022 is $42,224 plus the salary to the nanny 30k, so the family should have at least $73,000 to hire a nanny.
Thanks royalqueen this is v.helpful. I'll look for the LICO 2021.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It would need to be higher than $73K.

The $42K for LICO is before tax (gross income). However the $30K that the nanny is paid is after tax (net income). So the family should have at least $90K in gross income.

suneIl

Jul 20, 2017
It would need to be higher than $73K.

The $42K for LICO is before tax (gross income). However the $30K that the nanny is paid is after tax (net income). So the family should have at least $90K in gross income.
90k is for a family of 3 so it will be much lower for a family of 1.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
90k is for a family of 3 so it will be much lower for a family of 1.
Marginally lower. Not much lower.

IRCC has to be convinced that someone can affort to pay a caregiver.

But keep in mind that these are just estimates and it doesn't mean IRCC will accept that the employer has enough money.

kikstaroxy

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Nothing beats a try. Minimum wage can be accepted. Even though i got pr through a different stream i will share.
my employer received funds from the government to pay us. I started at a flat rate of $105 per night plus vacation and applicable benefits. It increased yearly to meet minimum wage standards.
ircc only requested to see proof of where the money was coming from as ability to pay me. Even though the applications were on hold i ordered notes and it showed that it was accepted,And i had 3 dependents, living in ON. I only made 30k. Your employer will have to show that they actually have a registered business though. Tax records and stuff like that. Of course they can apply for various forms of funding if eligible to assist them in paying a caregiver.

Reactions: suneIl

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Nothing beats a try. Minimum wage can be accepted. Even though i got pr through a different stream i will share.
my employer received funds from the government to pay us. I started at a flat rate of $105 per night plus vacation and applicable benefits. It increased yearly to meet minimum wage standards.
ircc only requested to see proof of where the money was coming from as ability to pay me. Even though the applications were on hold i ordered notes and it showed that it was accepted,And i had 3 dependents, living in ON. I only made 30k. Your employer will have to show that they actually have a registered business though. Tax records and stuff like that. Of course they can apply for various forms of funding if eligible to assist them in paying a caregiver.
What do you meqn minimum wage can be accepted? There is a clear salary expectation that is higher than minimum wage.Your fqmily has yp be able to pay the full cost even if ypu eventually get funding by your province. Therw have bern chabges to the program because many were using the program incorrectly. Cost of living has also gone up so salary needed to afford a caregiver goes up.