+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employer emailed asking if I applied for PR

GS23

Aug 19, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I recently applied for PR(CEC) and AOR is Oct 06th currently on Closed Work Permit. My Employer sent an email asking me if i have applied for PR and dates when i submitted the profile, ITA and Documents submission date. Email states following...

Dear xxx,
To ensure your xxxxx contract is fully compliant with current Canadian Immigration and Employment Legislation, we are requesting you to revalidate your current immigration status ASAP. Thank you for your participation in this important business compliance requirement!

What does this email mean. I have never been asked since 2 years and suddenly received this email. Is it because background verification has started?

Did anyone else face such situations? All your valuable inputs are appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone,
I recently applied for PR(CEC) and AOR is Oct 06th currently on Closed Work Permit. My Employer sent an email asking me if i have applied for PR and dates when i submitted the profile, ITA and Documents submission date. Email states following...

Dear xxx,
To ensure your xxxxx contract is fully compliant with current Canadian Immigration and Employment Legislation, we are requesting you to revalidate your current immigration status ASAP. Thank you for your participation in this important business compliance requirement!

What does this email mean. I have never been asked since 2 years and suddenly received this email. Is it because background verification has started?

Did anyone else face such situations? All your valuable inputs are appreciated.
You need to ask your employer.

This looks like something your employer is doing.

Reactions: GS23

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello Everyone,
I recently applied for PR(CEC) and AOR is Oct 06th currently on Closed Work Permit. My Employer sent an email asking me if i have applied for PR and dates when i submitted the profile, ITA and Documents submission date.

??? This is not what the email says (unless there is more that you did not post).

Email states following...

Dear xxx,

This does not appear to have anything to do with your PR application. Your current status is temporary foreign worker. It looks like your employer is simply conducting compliance checks for having hired a foreign worker - meaning, they want to make sure you still have valid status in Canada and are authorized to work. You have a closed work permit (I assume for this same employer), when does it expire?

GS23

Aug 19, 2020
Thanks for your response. My current Closed WP for the same employer is expiring in Dec 2020 and Extension has been filed 3.5 months ago and expecting anytime soon.